Georgetown University ONLINE FNP... - Page 4Register Today!
- Oct 23, '12 by wonder2012Carol RN,
I just withdrawn from Ohio University on line FNP after completing five core courses because of lack of instructor interaction with students. I,m talking to admission cordinators at Georgetown university for the FNP program. Did you get credits for your prior courses at st Joseph, and if so how many credits did you transfer to georgetown? I have 14 credits total but I,m getting conflicting info from two admission cordinators about being able to transfer credits to georgetown. Is it true georgetown does not transfer credits from other credited schools?
- Nov 6, '12 by firstgenerationI would like more details on applying hoping to increase my chances of getting. How do private message you, if you don't mind.
- Feb 10 by TashaLPN2006RN2012I'll be finishing my final BSN requirement in December, giving me a Conferral date for my BSN of Feb 2014...can you apply to Georgetown prior to actually graduating with your BSN? I'm still very interested in this program =) Thanks!
- Feb 14 by DeBerhamFrom the Georgetown website:
To be eligible to apply, all applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or CNL from a U.S. Department of Education and NLNAC or CCNE-accredited institution, hold a current U.S. Registered Nurse (RN) license and have successfully completed (“C” or better) a 3-credit course in Statistics. AG-ACNP/CNS students are required to hold the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification prior to entering the program.
I would suggest that you get at least one year of floor experience before you apply to this program. There is an expectation that you will have a certain level of experience when you enter this program and without this background I think that you would struggle in this program.
- Apr 9 by canucks090@TashaLPN2006RN2012, yes you can apply for the program as long as you have your degree in hand by the time you start the program. I am awaiting a decision for the Online September start FNP 2013 program, and graduate with my BSN in August of 2013. My advisor just said that I needed to provide a "letter of conferral" from the registrar or school official stating when I would graduate and that I am on track to. Also experience is not required, they admit students that do not have RN experience. Personally, I have shadowed with FNP's that have not had RN experience and those with experience, and all I can say is that it would be helpful when starting out. It would be great to work part time while going to school so that you can apply some of what you learn to patient care. I actually graduated with my ADN, and am currently working while obtaining a BSN. Whatever works for you is all that I can really say. But to summarize, yes you can apply and do not have to have a BSN in hand when physically submitting and application. Hope this helps!
- Apr 22 by littlebit_rn@canucks090 have you heard anything yet? I applied for the September 2013 cohort as well and am anxiously awaiting a notification.
- Apr 22 by canucks090No but my adviser told me by the end of this week I will find out. Are you applying for part time or full time? When did you receive an email that your application was forwarded to faculty for review?
- Apr 22 by littlebit_rnMine was completed 4/16 (and I am applying for full time) and my admissions guy said it would be 2-3 weeks. I did talk to another person who was starting at a different time and it was well over a month the before she heard anything. Good luck and make sure you let me know if you hear anything!
- Apr 24 by canucks090I received my acceptance letter today for admission into the part time fnp program starting in september. I hope you hear back soon!
- Apr 24 by littlebit_rnThat is great, congratulations! So happy for you, so did you hear in about two weeks? It has only been one week for me and I am already wearing out the refresh button on my phone email! Good luck at Georgetown!