Georgetown Accelerated BSN Fall 2010Register Today!
This is a discussion on Georgetown Accelerated BSN Fall 2010 in Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... I sent my application for the Accelerated BSN in the fall of 2010 and I am anxious already. I do...by JoeNurseRN Feb 1, '10I sent my application for the Accelerated BSN in the fall of 2010 and I am anxious already. I do not know if I have a chance of getting in. My GPA from my previous degree is a low 3.1, but I have a 4.0 on my pre-requisites so far. Anyone in my same situation?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=453658©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 35,048 Views
- Feb 1, '10 by Genu9ineI know how you're feeling! My application was completed over a month ago and I hate all the waiting lol. My gpa from my previous degree was 3.3 and my pre-req gpa is 3.8. I know that most schools look at the whole package though so that's what i'm banking on!
Does anyone know when they start sending information about interviews?
- Feb 8, '10 by JoeNurseRNI got an email from Georgetown saying that they will choose certain people for interviews. They will start sending those emails by the end of February, so I am guessing that if we do not hear anything by the end of February then we are screwed.
- Feb 8, '10 by Genu9ineyeah i saw that email... that's what i'm thinking too! lol. good luck!
- Feb 8, '10 by JoeNurseRNHey, have you taken A&P? The only science pre-requisites I have taken so far are Nutrition & Chemistry (both with A's). I am taking A&P 1 now in the Spring and will be taking A&P 2 and Micro during the Summer. I think this can play against me. What do you think?
- Feb 8, '10 by Genu9ineI'm currently taking A&P II. I've completed all the pre-reqs other than the "Group 2" pre-reqs... if they accept all my courses, i'll only have to take 2 at Georgetown (Healthcare Delivery Systems and Research Methods). They said that as long as its possible for you to have them completed before the program starts that was fine... they didn't specify which needed to be completed over others. With that being said, they may ask you for mid-semester grades or something to see how you're doing in A&P I. I'm not sure... but I know alot of schools do that. I mean you have a 4.0 in your pre-reqs so far... so that should definitely help!
- Feb 17, '10 by alibra1017Since you have a 4.0 in the science prerequisites, I think you'll be ok. I think most schools will want your prerequisites done as much as possible... I was waitlisted at a university but rejected at a community college... And it was b/c I didn't have one class done when I applied (it wasn't even a science course).
- Feb 17, '10 by JoeNurseRNHas anyone received an invitation for an interview? I received an invitation to apply for the scholarship, but still not for an interview.
- Feb 17, '10 by alibra1017We'll be invited soon enough!
- Feb 17, '10 by Genu9ineSame here... Scholarship app/no interview. I looked at the discussion from last fall and they sent them out around the end of feb. Who knows! But we're in the same
boat. I don't think I'm gonna work on the scholarship essay until I know I'm getting an interview though.