Drexel University ACE Program Fall 2011 Start - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 11, '10 by kdrose01Just out of curiosity, why are all of you jumping into another undergrad degree when you're just out of college?
- Aug 11, '10 by sorajiI realized in year 4 of college after doing a year's worth of co-op experience I was in the wrong career field.
- Aug 11, '10 by kdrose01Aw, that's rough! Were you doing your co-op at Drexel?
- Aug 11, '10 by sorajiNope, another college that also does co-ops and runs on the quarter system. It's very similar to Drexel.
- Aug 11, '10 by schick672from reading posts from last years class it seems like no one heard anything until after the deadline had passed. My 6 weeks were up today and I still have not heard anything.. Im starting to think that most likely it is correct that no one will hear anything until late october or early november.
As far as jumping into another undergrad right out of college, well theres no way anyone can go for a masters in nursing without a bachelors first, so you need to start somewhere right? As far as my other degree goes, well really the only use that degree is doing is allowing me to actually apply for an accelerated program. Pointless and a waste of 4 years and money, i know. However, my original plan was to go to medical school with my degree in biochemistry, but we all know things dont always work out the way you want them to. In my junior year I started working as a nursing assistant and have absolutely loved it ever since. At this point in my life I cant imagine not doing some form of patient care, so hey why not!!
- Aug 12, '10 by sorajiHas anyone actually asked Fran on the phone when we'd expect to hear back from Drexel? I could have sworn she said to me it was on a rolling basis.
- Aug 12, '10 by nolibsdanHello all,
I just wanted to wish everyone a quick good luck and hope that we are all classmates come next Fall!
I applied in July, after the info session I attended. I have just requested that my last transcript be sent yesterday from the community college where I am completing my pre-reqs, having just finished Nutrition and Developmental Psych. This Fall, I am taking A&P I along with Micro, then A&P II and Ethics in the Spring at which time, all of my pre-reqs will be satisfied.
After working in my current position for over 6 years, making excellent money, I realized that I was miserable and needed to think seriously about changing careers. I always thought of becoming a nurse, but the time was never right for me. After much thought and reflection, I realized that it was time to stop thinking about it and to make it happen, which brings me to today.
When I hear from Drexel, I'll let you all know!
Again, good luck to everyone!
- Aug 13, '10 by schick672I dont have contact info for Fran so no I havent actually talked to her...
Nolibsdan .. when you attended the info session what did they tell you about how long it would take to hear a response after your application was complete? just curious.
- Aug 13, '10 by sorajiNever fear guys! I just emailed Fran today to ask about when we fall 2011ers should hear a decision by.
I'll post again when she responds.
- Aug 13, '10 by nolibsdanHey Schick672! At the info session, the time frame given is on par with what has been posted, 4-6 weeks. I believe that the admissions commitee meets every 4 weeks to make decisions.
I'm not sure if you are local to Philadelphia, but I found the session to be informative. Fran is actually the one that ensures that your application is complete and all of your transcripts have been received. From there, she passes it on to the admissions commitee.
Hope this helps