Drexel University ACE Program Fall 2011 Start - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 24, '10 by schick672Went to the drexel open house last night .. got a tour of the facilities. They are actually very nice, but its hard to compare to other schools because I didnt get a tour of thomas jefferson when I was there. But heres some facts they shared with us:
1200 apps for 250 spots
4-5 weeks after app is complete you should hear an answer, so it is rolling admission
about $40,000 for the program, that does not include living expenses. But you can live on campus
99-100% NCLEX pass rate
- Aug 2, '10 by nmj5008So, I just applied a week ago. They already received one of my transcripts but the other one is going to take a while since it's from a class I took in high school and it's only for one prereq. I thought I was applying early but it seems some of you applied in the beginning of the summer. Have any of you heard back yet? And if you don't mind me asking, what is your cumulative GPA and GPA in the last 60 credits? My cumulative is a tad below 3.0 but in the last 60 credits it's 3.3.
I'm so nervous and I've read other threads and saw bunches of people that didn't get in. I guess I won't be able to relax until I found out yay or nay.
- Aug 3, '10 by schick672hello!!!
I applied the end of june and I talked to admissions and they had told me 4-6 weeks. Its already been almost 5 weeks so im starting to get alittle nervous. Even applying now though your still applying in plenty of enough time so you should be fine!
My bachelors degree is in Biochemistry with a GPA of 3.67. What other schools are you going to apply to if any?
Good luck to you
- Aug 3, '10 by sorajiI've also applied and my application was just sent in for review yesterday (they lost one of my transcripts... twice yeesh!).
I've also applied for the La Salle ACHIEVE program and was pre-accepted as long as I pass the NLN and finish my last pre-req. I still haven't found the time to get Microbiology done since I work full-time!
My stats were a 3.4 cumulative undergraduate GPA. I have a Bachelors in Information Technology and a year+ of work experience. My GPA in the pre-reqs (counting Bio1, Chem1, A&P1, A&P2, Intro to Sociology, Intro to Psych, Dev Psych, Microbio, Stats, Nutrition) was 3.69.
I am also applying to Temple's undergraduate nursing program. I just submitted my application for that yesterday!
I hope everyone gets in! *sends good vibes* Keep me updated on what you guys find out!
- Aug 3, '10 by nmj5008Thanks for responding everyone! I am going into my last year of undergrad in Biobehavioral health, it's a mix of bio, psych, and research.
I'm probably going to apply to West Chester's program too. I was thinking about applying to Jefferson's FACT program but they already told me I should think about the two year program. I wanted to apply to Temple, but I'm not crazy about the area, it's not in the best part of Philly. There's also Duquesne, Pitt, and Villanova that I'm thinking about.
Also, one thing about them looking at the applications now. I called Fran and she said they won't look at them until after the deadline (Oct. 15), so I'm not sure if you all had heard the same thing/if that's really true.
- Aug 4, '10 by schick672I did also hear that they wont be looking at applications until after the deadline, however, when i attended the information session in June admissions had said that they are rolling admissions and sometimes you can hear back in as little as 1-2 weeks depending on when you apply and when the review dates are, but the normal is 4-6 weeks after your application is recieved. Then when I had called the admissions office (not sure who I talked to), to make sure they had received my transcript she had told me that I would hear something in 4-6 weeks. It seems like were getting mixed information. So I have 1 week left until I hit my 6 weeks. Ill see what happens and if I dont hear anything Im going to call and see whats going on. Hopefully I can get a straight answer.
- Aug 4, '10 by sorajiHonestly I think they do rolling admission because when I applied they said to "get things in as soon as possible so we can review you soon since everything's due on October 15th" which implies to me if I had had all materials in in June they would have reviewed me sooner.
- Aug 7, '10 by AccelBSN2b14I am applying for Fall 2011. It is not my first choice though. My first choice is Concordia College (in Bronxville, NY) which is a 15-month program that is just 30 minutes away from me. However, Drexel is a much more established program. The program at Concordia has only had three cohorts so far but I would not have to move and I would save on rent and I really like the campus.
I do hope I get in anyway and I hope I do since I have a 3.7 plus GPA in my last 60 credits. It never hurts to have options. The price for the program at Drexel is great compared to NYU and Columbia. I could move and still save money...which is sad and just shows how crazy the prices are in NY.
I will be completing my application tomorrow and I plan to send in recommendations and an essay...it cannot hurt.
I have all the prereqs done except ethics and human development. But since I graduate in May I am sure I will be able to squeeze them in my schedule.
- Aug 11, '10 by sorajiSo any definitive on Drexel doing rolling admissions for ACE?
I'm at week 1 of the 4-5 week wait for a response. I know it's dumb, but I keep checking the online status of my Drexel app to see if there have been any decisions made.
And about a 20% acceptance rate according to the stats you provided shick.... So one out of every five of us will be offered a position. Kind of rough!
Best of luck to everyone! I think with my credentials I'll be a real toss up if I get accepted or not. My undergraduate GPA was a little on the low side (3.4 cumulative) compared to most people's 3.6-3.8. I'm still keeping my hopes up (as you all should!).
Oh and $40k is pretty rough for the 11 month program. It makes my head spin thinking about how expensive that is especially since I'd want to do a masters program after. I'm saving money as best I can in my current job hoping it'll be enough to cover a year of living expenses while I'm jobless for school if I do decide on Drexel.
Keep us updated, everyone! *gets excited*
- Aug 11, '10 by nmj5008I keep checking a lot as well but I'm only about 1 week into waiting. My cumulative GPA is only 2.84 which isn't nearly as high as everyone else's apparently. My GPA in the last 60 credits is a 3.3 though so I'm hoping that they see that I do technically meet their requirements. I also sent in my resume so they can see that I am a registered EMT, even though they said they won't look at them. I'm hoping that they look at where your undergrad came from too, since some schools are clearly more difficult than others. I'm really nervous that I won't get in because I really want to go to Drexel.