Did anyone ever complete their RN-BSN through Kaplan University? - page 4
I'm thinking of getting my BSN online through Kaplan University but I have to make a fast decision since they start nov.10.I have spoken with one of their advisers,the program seems costly 375 dollars per one credit..I'm looking... Read More
- 0Nov 3, '11 by vivi1224HI EVERYONE,
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS RECENTLY APPLIED TO RN-BSN COMPLETION PROGRAM THROUGH KAPLAN UNIVERSITY ONLINE, ESPECIALLY WITHIN THE LAST 6 MONTHS? ANYONE THAT RECEIVED THEIR BACHELOR'S DEGREE- HAVE YOU HAD ANY TROUBLE OR HARD TIME APPLYING ELSEWHERE FOR MSN OR NP PROGRAM? I HAVE BEEN HEARING MIXED REVIEWS ABOUT THIS PROGRAM, SO I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO HAS RECENTLY RECEIVED THEIR BSN. THANK YOU.
- 1Feb 3, '12 by rnurse82Curious if your opinion of Kaplan is still the same, cocojobesRNTNS?? I am to start my online courses with them Feb 29th. They seem very nice and reputable. Pricing sounds reasonable to me. I will be paying 252/credit hour and this includes my books. My course advisor is very helpful, fast, responsive, and I am overall please...so far. Let me know if you have any new information. Anyone? Thanks so much.
- 1Feb 9, '12 by lookingintonursingQuote from BlackheartednurseI'm thinking of getting my BSN online through Kaplan University but I have to make a fast decision since they start nov.10.I have spoken with one of their advisers,the program seems costly 375 dollars per one credit..I'm looking for an opinions (the program will last 2 years (full time) thanks.
Ps.I'm looking for an online program since I work home health care.
STAY AWAY FROM KAPLAN!!!! I went there for my AS and BS and their financial aid department is absolutely horrible! I am currently fighting them over a $10k+ balance that I have, because of their idiot staff and their mistakes. There are tons of complaints filed against them yet they continue to do what they do.
- 3Mar 9, '12 by sicma39Quote from rnurse82I have to agree with Becca, RN. I am currently finalizing the application process for Kaplan University RN - BSN program. Emma my admissions rep has been awesome and very accomodating, financial aid process is pretty painless too. I am looking at a start date of 3/21/12. They also have the 5 week trial deal too. If you don't like the online program or feel that your learning style best suits the classroom instead of online, you can back out without being penalized. It's a free trial. I attended Kaplan's San Diego campus too, received my ADN on Jan 11, 2012, Passed Nclex the following month, now it's time to work towards my next educational goal. I have nothing but the best to say about Kaplan!!! A lot of changes have been made and Kaplan is top notch school of nursing!!!!!Curious if your opinion of Kaplan is still the same, cocojobesRNTNS?? I am to start my online courses with them Feb 29th. They seem very nice and reputable. Pricing sounds reasonable to me. I will be paying 252/credit hour and this includes my books. My course advisor is very helpful, fast, responsive, and I am overall please...so far. Let me know if you have any new information. Anyone? Thanks so much.
- 1Mar 20, '12 by ladyD123Thank you Becca and sicma39. I posted a thread in a different forum searching for people's opinion with kaplan and no one responded to me, im glad i finally saw this.
I like kaplan and i used their NCLEX review courses which helped me so much in passing my rn board test.
I'm interested in doing both bsn and msn with them. I have done with the application and the financial aid process but needed someone to talk to before i entered into the rn-bsn programe. So far my experiences with them were fantastic, the tuition sounds ok too with the books and other fees. I suppose to start this march but my board of nursing is delaying my transcript. I wait till next month to start. congratulations Sicma39 on your nclex success. Let's see how it goes.Last edit by ladyD123 on Mar 20, '12
- 2Jun 30, '12 by pixiedee55I just wanted to say I am graduating in Feb `13 with my BSN from Kaplan. I have had to stay on top of their financial aid dept, but so far everything has been fine. I have had a great time with my classes. The instructors have been helpful, but slow to grade papers. It is a typical BSN program from what my coworkers tell me. Been lucky to avoid the bad experiences that some have discussed.
- 0Sep 27, '12 by maya 79hi can anyone please help me here i am an international graduate and i have recently passed nclex so while i m dealing with immigration thing i want to continue my career i have prepared nclex with kaplan and i want to do bsn with them so please tell me that how much would be the total cost and how does this credit thing works i dont get it that there is a fee per credit and if i cant afford then how can i get the financial aid from kaplan and how helpful that aid is?? i would really appreciate your help thanks!
- 1Nov 18, '12 by AradienI, too, am in the RN-BSN program at Kaplan. Actually am working on RN-MSN program. I am coming from Ohio University's online RN-BSN program. I have two good friends in Kaplan and they are very pleased with the program. One of them graduated with her BSN and is in the RN-MSN bridge. My other friend is in the MSN program. I am very happy with my experience thus far. Very responsive to emails and phone calls. I would encourage anyone to check into this program.