Anyone attending University of Phoenix RN-BSN?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anyone attending University of Phoenix RN-BSN? in Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Anyone attending UOP, ground or online for RN-BSN? Would appreciate any advice/personal experience...by nurse2bmom Dec 20, '10Anyone attending UOP, ground or online for RN-BSN? Would appreciate any advice/personal experience with them. Also interested to know of their reputation here in Southern California...as far as employers/transferring to MSN programs....ANY info will be helpful..thanx all!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=522116©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,189 Views
- Dec 31, '10 by nurse2bmomAnyone??? Please....
- Jan 7, '11 by dlynn0366Hi, I am from Canada so not sure of UOPs reputation in Southern California but I obtained by BSN from UOP in 2006 and last year July/10 finished up my MSN with UOP. While expensive I was more than happy with both programs. The learning teams can be a bit of a drag if you get on a bad team but you have 6 weeks of it and then you move on. Also if you in classes find you work well with certain students you can request to move on to the next class together and most instructors at the start of a class ask if there are certain members you would like to team up with. I did find the learning team experience in the BSN program much more enjoyable than the MSN program. Maybe it was because in the BSN program we all learned how teams worked together as we were all new to UOP where in the MSN program this was not the case. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
- May 6, '11 by pcurn2008Hi, I am curious if you started with UOP? I am in San Diego and looking into going to UOP. Please share. Thanks!
- May 7, '11 by dlynn0366Hi, I initially started with our Canadian online university, Athabasca, actually I attempted twice to take a class with them and gave up in frustration. The system was not user friendly, also such things as even though it was online you had to submit your work on actual paper and send in on these forms, getting your margins to line up with the forms took longer than to write the paper.
- May 8, '11 by pcurn2008Thank you for the info
- Jul 21, '11 by kingcarloshello this question is more for dlynn0366. I am an RN from Toronto and I wish to do my masters. I find the online route easier for me as I intend to do travelling nursing and do nursing in the US. Since I finally found someone that has completed their MSN online with UOP have you found it easy to obtain employment in your field with the MSN? I have read threads where employers do not recognize UOP as a legit university and call it a "paper mill". What stream did you complete? How long did it take to complete? Were faculty helpful?
Thank you everyone
- Sep 11, '11 by SanDiegoCaliRNQuote from pcurn2008I'm also in San Diego and am starting UOP's on-campus RN-BSN program next month (10/3)Hi, I am curious if you started with UOP? I am in San Diego and looking into going to UOP. Please share. Thanks!
- Jan 30, '12 by ascalilungHow long is the program and how much does it cost?
- Apr 18, '12 by hhendu5Quote from nurse2bmomAnyone attending UOP, ground or online for RN-BSN? Would appreciate any advice/personal experience with them. Also interested to know of their reputation here in Southern California...as far as employers/transferring to MSN programs....ANY info will be helpful..thanx all!
I am currently attending. I just started but so far things are going smoothly. If you have never done an online course before, it can seem complicated to navigate the different area on the site, but my graduation team was very good at guiding me through. It is a rather fast-paced program it seems, so I need to reserve a true evaluation until further on.