Hi all! I'm a new oncology RN patient navigator. Not only am I new, but the position itself is new. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a small gift I can give each of my head and neck patients. Just a nice touch to include in a new patient packet with oral care items (biotene etc.). Have you seen anyone put something together or have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Aug 14, '17
I have a few ideas... depends on what your budget is:
1. Coupons for a local place for frosties or shakes (sometimes its all you can eat)
2. Lip balm
3. Skin lotion or aquafor
4. A good water bottle
5. A caloric intake log book
6. There's a free book from SPOHNC called We Have Walked In Your Shoes. A Guide to Oral Head And Neck Cancer.
7. calendula cream for neck burns
8. Some recipes - like magic mineral broth
9. Some ensure or boost samples.... if you try enough flavors you can often find one thats tolerable.