Oklahoma City University's Fall 2010 Acceptance?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Oklahoma City University's Fall 2010 Acceptance? in Oklahoma State Nursing Programs, part of Oklahoma Nursing ... Hello all...I'm fairly new to this site and I finally figured out how to post...by FutureNurse1982 May 26, '10Hello all...I'm fairly new to this site and I finally figured out how to post messages..Yay!!......Anyway, I received a phone call today stating I've been accepted into Oklahoma City University's fall 2010 BSN program..How exciting!!!...I was wondering if anyone else has been accepted into OCU's fall 2010 Nursing program as well...If so, spread the word...I would love to know if anyone else will be joining me this fall...And if so Congrats...
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=481812©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,358 Views
- May 27, '10 by amyleadonMy girlfriend, Paulette, is starting there this Fall as well. She will be in the Accelerated track I believe. Congrats!! I'm just starting pre-reqs so I won't be starting until at least Fall 2011. Good Luck to you!!
- May 27, '10 by FutureNurse1982That's really good!!!...I'm sure she's excited as well...I hope to see her there and you too...I was also accepted into OSU-OKC's 1+1 Nursing program for the fall semester and I'm considering that as well...I just received the letter today right after I enrolled in my classes at OCU...God works in mysterious ways...lol...Good luck to the both of you with your future studies...We're on our way!!!...
- Jun 17, '10 by afineparadigmGood luck... I heard the program is a tough-y.
- Jun 17, '10 by FutureNurse1982Thank you afineparadigm...I can imagine the program being tough...When the fall semester begins, I'm going to put on my dancing shoes and not stop til it's over...
- Jul 19, '10 by CherishI was accepted to start my Junior year there but declined because they wanted me to repeat Foundations of Nursing which I thought was crazy since I received an A and had a 4.0 in my last semester of my sophomore year at my other university which consisted of Micro, Pharm, Foundations and Chemistry. I am now going to a different BSN program which is University of Tulsa and I like how things are here.
- Jul 20, '10 by SayraQuote from FutureNurse1982FutureNurse1982 - Congratulations on your acceptance or should I say acceptances?! Would you mind sharing the process of being accepted into the 1+1 program? From what I understand, you apply to OSU-OKC and then they choose whether to offer the 1+1 program to the nursing applicant. Is that correct? Also, do you happen to know the cutoff of points and/or GPA for students accepted into OSU-OKC's nursing program? I might apply for nursing schools for the Spring 2011 semester but may not because I'm lacking a few pre-reqs. I know the program is sooo competitive so I'm thinking maybe I'm better off waiting to apply for the fall of next year. Any information would be great - thanks!That's really good!!!...I'm sure she's excited as well...I hope to see her there and you too...I was also accepted into OSU-OKC's 1+1 Nursing program for the fall semester and I'm considering that as well...I just received the letter today right after I enrolled in my classes at OCU...God works in mysterious ways...lol...Good luck to the both of you with your future studies...We're on our way!!!...
- Jul 20, '10 by FutureNurse1982To Sayra...Thank you for the congrats..That was really sweet, I really appreciate that...As far as the 1+1 program at OSU-OKC goes, you pretty much have to apply for the regular program and if you don't get accepted you have to have enough points to be considered for the 1+1 program. Taking most of your basics at OSU-OKC will boost up your points as well... I took all of my basics at OSU-OKC, applied to the nursing program twice and didn't get in...I received a letter (after being rejected from the spring nursing program) stating I was a qualified candidate for the 1+1. I assumed I had enough points, but not enough to get in the actual program..I never called to see how many points I had because I didn't care, after awhile..lol...I applied before and after finishing my basics...I believe if you have all of your sciences done, you're more likely to get in...Not to discourage you or anything, but yes the program is extremely competitive..A friend of mine took most of her basics and sciences in Florida and some at OSU-OKC...Her GPA was higher than mine and she still didn't get into OSU-OKC's nursing school...She applied 5 or 6 times..No Lie!! She didn't even get an offer for the 1+1 program...That's one thing I didn't like about OSU...We still don't know why she didn't get in...But I'm assuming it's because she didn't take most of her classes there...And one thing I do know is the point system goes up every semester..When I applied the first time the lowest points were 85....I think I had 83 at that time..What basics do you have left??..If you don't mind me asking...
- Jul 20, '10 by jojo10OCCC has a 1 + 1 program with a vocational school. If you don't get into OCCC then you do a year for your LPN and transfer to OCCC to finish the RN. Is OSU's 1+1 similar? If you got accepted to OCU- go for it! congrats!
- Jul 20, '10 by Sayrato futurenurse1982: i have anatomy and physiology left...i know, the two biggest sciences (in my opinion anyway)! thank you for all of the information - it was very helpful. (i sent you a private message by the way) it does get discouraging sometimes but i know i'm not the only one who feels that way! it helps to hear people talk about their application experiences whether they were accepted or not.
and thank you jojo10 for your information too