OCCC Nursing Program for Spring 2013Register Today!
- by liviah15 Sep 7, '12Just turned in my application...now for the waiting I only had 17pts, was wondering what everyone else had?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=782549©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 13,569 Views
- Sep 8, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to Oklahoma State Nursing Programs forum for more of a response.
- Sep 10, '12 by jesuslover007I also have 17 points. I should have had 18 but my GPA didnt stay as high as I wanted it to because of a gen-d course I took at OU that isnt even required for the Associate's degree at OCCC oh well. From what I've read on past posts about the spring program, many applicants have been accepted with 17 points, so I'm hoping this semester's applicant pool will be similar to those in the past couple of years. Good luck, and happy waiting
- Sep 10, '12 by impatientlywaiting:)I turned my application in a few weeks ago with 18 points, gpa 3.89. I wanted 20, but didn't have the time to do the math test. I have heard that for Spring, it is usually 16 cutoff, and 17 is almost a certainty! Lets hope so! Also, do you guys know if the acceptance "letter" will be email as stated? And I hope it doesn't take as long to find out as the other post on here show
- Sep 12, '12 by liviah15Jesuslover, if you don't mind me asking what is your GPA? Mine is only 2.75 . I met with Claire before I turned in my application and she said there is a chance to get in with only 17 points because the pool of applicants seem to be smaller in the Spring due to evening classes. I will have 19 after I graduate in Dec. impatientlywaiting I received an email saying that we will find out through our email
- Sep 12, '12 by impatientlywaiting:)Quote from liviah15Liviah15, I was told by the man that looks at the applications that a 17 for the Spring is the normal. I've heard the cutoff is 16, and if most have a 17, they then go by GPA. I think you are good to go! A few that I have ran into that have applied have a 15 or 16, and 17 is the average I've heard so far! I wish more would look at this thread so we all could know where we are I have a feeling that you will get in with all of the information I've hounded out of the advisors and so on! LOLJust turned in my application...now for the waiting I only had 17pts, was wondering what everyone else had?
- Sep 12, '12 by jesuslover007My current gpa is 3.09
- Sep 12, '12 by Leslye3404Turning in my app tomorrow! I only have 16 points. Wondering what others have and if i have a chance?
- Sep 12, '12 by impatientlywaiting:)I have "heard" that 16 and 17 were competetive in the Spring! So I would think you do have a chance! I've looked at old threads from Spring applications, and it appears that 16, 17 and 18 were the common points for those accepted! Good Luck to you and us all!
- Sep 13, '12 by Leslye3404I hope so... I am so anxious to know I do not know if I can handle the wait lol..... Good luck to everyone.... My gpa is 3.4....so hopefully it is enough!!!!!!!