OCCC BADNAP Class of 2011 - Page 8Register Today!
- Mar 18, '11 by A_SanorI don't believe we have to take the TEAS test. We do take the NESA, but no TEAS. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
- Mar 18, '11 by tlc842Well, I hope that we don't have to take it...like I said I only thought we did because Claire Echols told me to study for it b/c we take it after we are accepted and it is a good predictor of how well students will do in the program...but she may have told me wrong...So do you know when we are supposed to take the NESA?
- Mar 19, '11 by BeeDubsThe TEAS test is another application component they are going to incorporate, probably for next year's program. My mom had to take it while she was in the program because they are going to use the scores from her class as a baseline for future applicants. The students in this next year's program will probably have to take it as well, but it doesn't count towards your grade or anything.
Still no letter, acceptance or rejection, for me I'm going to OCCC first thing Monday morning to hopefully get things figured out, but this has been the longest week ever for me. I wish there was some sort of receipt or something that they'd give you when you turn in the application. I'm just really worried they lost it or something... Just have to keep thinking that since I didn't get a rejection letter 'no news is good news' at this point. Just really nervous
- Mar 19, '11 by r1kk1I'll be there Monday morning as well. Hopefully they will have an answer for you. I hate the waiting game.
- Mar 21, '11 by k_charlesLet us know how it goes BeeDubs. Good luck!
- Mar 21, '11 by BeeDubsJust got off the phone and for sosome reason my letter was returned to sender... I got in, too!! So relieved
- Mar 21, '11 by A_SanorBeeDubs! This is great news! I was so nervous for you. Congrats!!!
- Mar 22, '11 by BeeDubsThanks! My patience was definitely tested this past week lol
Met with ****** and dropped off my clinical preferences and the immunization stuff I have so far. Unfortunately 2 weeks ago I got my MMR booster after getting my first TB, not realizing that I'd have to wait another month to get my second TB since the MMR can react with it Oh well...I'll just put it in my calendar
What was everyone's clinical pref order? Mine was Deaconess, Baptist, McBride, Southwest, and MWC.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Mar 22, '11 : Reason: name removed
- Mar 22, '11 by r1kk1My clinical preferences were McBride, Midwest, Decon, BMC and finally SWMC. I and my wife worked Baptist on the Cardiac transplant unit before and I've picked up shifts at SWMC and didn't care for it. I hear it's remodeled now. McBride is a natural for me if its surgery but my luck it will be med/surg floor duties.
April 6th I will have all my paperwork in. I stopped my the bookstore and talked to the lady there. She showed me some Cherokee series 4100 scrubs that closely resembled the handbook. She did not know what price they will be listed at nor if they were even going to carry them. I can get scrubs at a discount at work but been looking on the web for the best prices.
Monday morning I took my acceptance letter and clinical prefs in. I'm in Houston right now working on the RV for T. Her assignment will be done mid April so hopefully she will work in Ft. Worth and help me with the home duties.
My favorite bookstore next to the pizza place down by 7-11 is gone. Time to comb the bookstore at campus and scan ISBNs and look on the web. (There's an app for that! lol)
I need to go on vacation in April. Time to clear my mind, body, and spirit to become available for BADNAP. We are going to New Mexico where T is from. We own a piece of land there.
May 13th is her birthday. I will be in school. : ( Oh Well!
Take care all and looking forward to meeting people here. I will post prices and other information as I find it.
- Mar 22, '11 by A_SanorI faxed in my clinical preference form yesterday. I picked SWMC, Baptist, McBride, Deaconess, MWC. I also did my background check online and enrolled in a CPR class. I have all of my immunizations but still lack the TB test. I'll do that next month. Lots to do!