OCCC BADNAP Class of 2011 - Page 7Register Today!
- Mar 16, '11 by val_kayeA Sanor,
Thanks for keeping us updated on everything. It made the wait a little better.
- Mar 16, '11 by val_kayeDoes anyone know what classes are a part of Nursing Process I? Is it all of the stuff combined? I feel completely unorganized because I don't know anything.
- Mar 16, '11 by BeeDubsQuote from val_kayeI was under the impression that they put the notice in your mailbox, but I guess that's a possibility. I think I called the right one, too.We have had some windy days here in Norman. Maybe the note the postman left had blown away...? Did you make sure you called the correct post office? Good luck. I hope you get your letter soon!
I was going to try to stalk my mailman today and ask him about it but I live in an apartment complex so it's difficult to see him coming lol.
- Mar 16, '11 by k_charlesFunny update here. Today as I am putting a Netflix DVD in my box, I catch a glimpse of a little peach slip of paper. The mailman hadn't come yet this morning. I grabbed it out, and it was my NOTICE! Apparently it had been there since Saturday morning stuck to the inside of our box out of sight! I could've known all this time. Anyway, I went and picked up the letter at the post office right after. Now I am trying to get all my ducks in a row. I made a little self checklist:
- send in intent form
- send in clinical preference form
- fill out FAFSA
- fill out OSBI check online
- schedule CPR class
- get TB tests
- buy insurance
- gather immunization info
Anyone have anything to add?
- Mar 16, '11 by k_charlesAlso, do any of you have plans for childcare? I wasn't sure what to expect as far as what days we would be on campus or clinicals until I got the letter . . . and I'm still not sure of lab times.
- Mar 16, '11 by r1kk1In the handbook page 60 of 69, not to stress anyone out, because we will have all of our questions answered during orientation, it says:
"Two negative TB skin tests, given within the last 12-month period prior to beginning clinicals. The test must remain current the entire semester – no exceptions.
OR Documented positive TB test with documented negative (-) chest x-ray AND negative (-) annual review of symptoms which will remain current the entire semester. Students with a non-negative TB test must submit a signed Clearance for Public Contact Statement from the County Health Department if the non-negative TB test results are recent. Please contact the Division office if you have questions regarding your non-negative test results. Important: A PPD can be applied before or on the same day that MMR vaccine is given. However, if MMR vaccine is given on the previous day or earlier, the PPD should be delayed for at least one month. Live measles vaccine given prior to the application of a PPD can reduce the reactivity of the skin test because of mild suppression of the immune system (Reference: CDC)." http://www.occc.edu/health/Handbook.pdf
"Seasonal flu vaccination and H1N1 vaccination documentation (received since September 2010) OR Signed flu vaccination declination statement."
Plus, OU mask agreement and on our paperwork the form is available at HP Division Office. I never could be successfully fitted for a N-95. I've always had waivers.
I have everything in place, just need to run folder in. May 13th will answer questions about lab times I gather. I need to go to the bookstore and see what is what in terms of equipment and uniforms. I get them cheaper through work.
I will be on campus early Monday morning before I go to Houston to visit the wife. I need to fix stuff on the RV of what I can.
- Mar 17, '11 by val_kayeK Charles,
Howdy future classmate! Glad you found your mail!
- Mar 18, '11 by A_SanorK Charles! Yippy! I'm so excited for you! How crazy is it that you missed that notice and it was there all this time!Can't wait to meet everyone.
- Mar 18, '11 by A_SanorSo I was reading the paper work and are we required to have a seasonal flu vaccination along with the H1N1 vaccination? I'm caught up on all my vaccinations except these two and I still need the TB test.
- Mar 18, '11 by tlc842Hello Everyone!
I have been accepted to the program and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about taking the TEAS test. When I turned in my application, Claire had mentioned to study for it, but I haven't heard anything else about it. I need to know if I need to study for it or not...please help!!!