OCCC BADNAP 2013Register Today!
- by ADB567 Feb 2Did anyone else apply for the BADNAP program starting in June 2013? The requirements were loosened up a couple of weeks before the deadline, so I'm wondering how much interest there was?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=813006©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,143 Views
- Feb 3 by Sadie23Quote from ADB567I applied. I submitted everything on Jan 30th and the advisor said so far there were 50 applicants. He said this year they are accepting 72 and that most likely a few more people would turn in their apps on the deadline date.Did anyone else apply for the BADNAP program starting in June 2013? The requirements were loosened up a couple of weeks before the deadline, so I'm wondering how much interest there was?
- Feb 3 by ADB567That sounds promising for me-- I'm still finishing my prerequisites. I didn't think I'd be eligible for BADNAP, so I was planning on doing the traditional program in the fall. I'm so glad they loosened up the requirements for those of us still taking classes this spring. *I'm crossing my fingers!* Good luck to you, Sadie!
- Feb 4 by JsampsI also applied. Has anyone checked the number of applications since the deadline?
- Feb 4 by Sadie23Yes. The past few years they haven't been able to fill the class of 60 so that's why they loosened the requirements this year and changed it to 72. Last year they only had 20 applicants. The admissions advisor said most likely everyone will get in. Since they were at 50 applicants 2 days before the deadline he doubted they would reach 72. Good luck to you too. I was told emails will go out on March 1st.
- Feb 4 by Sadie23Quote from JsampsI called today but he is on lunch. They said to try back later so I will.I also applied. Has anyone checked the number of applications since the deadline?
- Feb 4 by JsampsThe guy told me that emails would go out by March 1 at the latest.
- Feb 8 by okstategirlI applied too, but have all my pre-reqs done. Has anyone found out what the total app count was? I tried calling but he was in a meeting. Good luck to everyone, hope to see you in June!
- Feb 11 by JsampsI was hoping that Sadie would get through, and post what she heard. I haven't tried to call. Call me lazy
- Feb 12 by lordizzy626I applied to this program as well. I applied to PA school and got denied the first go round. I decided to apply to this program as a back up in case the adcom suggested I go to grad school and get a Masters, and then come re-apply to their program. So far, that isn't the case. I haven't really done any research into the amount of applications for this program though because I have a 3.6GPA and so I made the assumption that I would not have a problem getting into this program. Good luck to everyone who applied, and hopefully you get your letters and emails in the beginning of March.