2013 OU ABSN Applications - Page 12Register Today!
- Nov 13, '12 by BoomerSooner31Congrats to everyone so far!! Hopefully there is good news for everyone else on the way!
Waskesiu, did you check to see if anything on your application status has changed? All of our other applications dropped except for that one... Maybe your letter is still on the way.
- Nov 13, '12 by waskesiuBoomerSooner31,
On the app status page, all 5 choices still show up. Duncan was my first choice, and I figure if you don't get into your first choice, its unlikely that I will get into the other ones (which have a lot more applicants). Oh well. I just really hoped I would get in. Now when I graduate in December I'll have my useless degree and massive debt. I had hoped to be able to pay back my student loans with a RN salary.
- Nov 13, '12 by carlyghIt's possible that you are an alternate! Don't give up just yet!!
- Nov 14, '12 by BoomerSooner31Waskesiu,
Carlygh is right that you might be an alternate and a couple spots can always open up. And there is still a good chance of getting into OKC if you applied there. They take more applicants than Duncan and their GPA acceptances are about the same. I hope you all hear news soon!
- Nov 14, '12 by waskesiuWell, I sure hope I am an alternate/waitlisted...but the waiting game is no fun (I have done it before). I just wish they will hurry up and send me a letter.
- Nov 14, '12 by jenndavisCongratulations to you all. I'm still patiently waiting to hear something. I'm trying to make myself feel better by telling myself they got my address wrong. I never updated my Alaska mailing address for admissions, so if a letter is heading my way it detoured in Fairbanks first. Trying to stay positive, fingers crossed I hear by the end of the week.
- Nov 14, '12 by oilsoonerTulsa only applicant: still no status change on application, and no mail today.
- Nov 14, '12 by BoomerSooner31jenndavis,
I think you could probably call and ask since your letter might be going to the wrong location!
- Nov 14, '12 by jenndavisYeah, I emailed them today after nothing in the mail. Hopefully I get a response from them tomorrow.
- Nov 15, '12 by jenndavisSo, I received an email this morning with my decision letter attached. I didn't get the big thrill of opening up an envelope, but the good news feels just as good. I made it in!!! Now on to finishing all the paperwork. I'll see everyone in December :-)