Switching from Oklahoma to Kansas LPN license

  1. [font="comic sans ms"]so how would one switch their oklahoma lpn license to a kansas license?or have it to where you can practice in both states? i'm thinking about moving to kansas to get my rn license there at hutchison community college (i have family there) and i of course need a job while there.
  2. Visit mariemac89LPN profile page

    About mariemac89LPN

    Joined: Dec '09; Posts: 15; Likes: 11
    from US
    Specialty: 1 year(s) of experience in LTC for now


  3. by   TheCommuter
    You can maintain as many licenses as you are willing to pay to maintain. In other words, you can be licensed in Oklahoma as well as Kansas. What you would need to do is endorse your Oklahoma license into Kansas through a process called 'Licensure By Endorsement.' Endorsing a license takes time, so be sure to start the process several weeks before you move to your new state of residence.

    You can go to the Kansas BON website and download their application for licensure by endorsement.