pay for RN at st.johns hospital in tulsa, okRegister Today!
- by tweety81306 Oct 2, '11Hello everyone, Im considering moving to tulsa from ny where I an RN making a little over $37/hr. Does anyone know the salaries for rn at st.johns hospital in tulsa???
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=624011©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 7,590 Views
- Oct 2, '11 by Silverdragon102Moved to the Oklahoma Nurses forum
- Oct 2, '11 by TheCommuterHow many years of experience do you have? Keep in mind that Tulsa is a significantly lower-paying area than NY due to regional differences in the cost of living. A new grad is going to earn in the $19 to $20 hourly range, and a nurse with 1 to 5 years of experience is going to earn in the low to middle $20s per hour.
- Oct 3, '11 by JenRN30TheCommuter is right on with the pay scale for SJMC, and Tulsa in general. Good hospital to work for though, best in the area, IMHO.
- Oct 4, '11 by tweety81306Hi, may sound a little crazy, but was does imho stand for???
- Oct 4, '11 by systolyQuote from tweety81306in my humble opinionHi, may sound a little crazy, but was does imho stand for???
- Oct 5, '11 by TheCommuterQuote from systolyIMHO can also stand for 'In My Honest Opinion.'in my humble opinion
- Oct 6, '11 by systolyQuote from TheCommuterI'm not honest, so that didn't occur to meIMHO can also stand for 'In My Honest Opinion.'
Come to think about it, I'm not humble either
- Oct 11, '11 by tweety81306hey , was wondering if you know of hospitals in tulsa that match your current salary or come close to it. For an RN moving from another state like NY making $37/HR 3YRS experience?
- Oct 11, '11 by TheCommuterQuote from tweety81306With 3 years of experience, you are unlikely to ever earn $37 hourly in Tulsa. You are even unlikely to earn $30 per hour. Sorry, but it is an area with a very low cost of living, so the pay rates are going to reflect that.hey , was wondering if you know of hospitals in tulsa that match your current salary or come close to it. For an RN moving from another state like NY making $37/HR 3YRS experience?
Why would they pay you in the $30s per hour when they can find a local nurse with 3 years of similar experience who would happily work for $23 hourly? They're going to go with the nurse who will work for less, especially since Tulsa is a city with several nursing programs and a continual supply of new nurses being pumped into the local job market. This helps to depress the wages being offered. If you do not like the wage being offered, many other nurses will take it in a heartbeat.
I know of someone who was earning $36 hourly, but she has a MSN degree, 38 years of experience, and works the night shift.