OCCC Spring 2010 hopefulls!Register Today!
- by babymademeeatit Aug 7, '09I just turned in my 2010 application to OCCC's nursing program and wanted to see who all out there are going to be playing the waiting game with me for the next 2ish months!
- Sep 17, '09 by babymademeeatitAnyone?
- Sep 18, '09 by LilRedRidinHoodI turned mine in last Monday and am already so anxious it is killing me. These next couple of months are going to seem so long. I'm sure you've got your fingers crossed too, good luck!
- Sep 18, '09 by babymademeeatitYay someone else! Yeah the suspense sucks. Have you heard when we should hear about whether we got in or not?
- Sep 19, '09 by LilRedRidinHoodNot exactly, I know the advisor I met with said that we will get the first letter saying that they have received our application, then a second one saying that we have meet the minimum requirements and then the final acceptance letter. So like you said, I'm guessing the whole process will take around 2 months. Luckily I have plenty to keep me busy so I will just focus on micro and hopefully the time will fly.
- Sep 19, '09 by 3babygirlsI'm curious... what are the minimum requirements and when is the application deadline? Thanks!
- Sep 20, '09 by LilRedRidinHoodThe Spring 2010 deadline has already passed, it was Sept. 18. They have several different options so there are different deadlines for each one. You can go to their website to see which one fits you best,
The application process is based off of a point system, not necessarily minimum requirements - you just want as many points as possible. All of this info can be found at the above link.
Hope that helps!
- Sep 20, '09 by babymademeeatitAlso, you're going to want to have at least 15 points to be considered. I'd have 16 or 17 if you can! Here's a link to some info for the traditional program. The last page gives a list for how you can accumulate points!
- Sep 20, '09 by raina.emelynI submitted my application on Wed, but feel my chances of getting in are slim because I only have 15 preference points. Has anyone heard of someone getting in with only 15 points?
- Sep 20, '09 by babymademeeatitI have a freind that also applied with 15 points. She has a pretty good GPA 3.5 so she was told by the advisor that she has a pretty good chance! If your GPA is pretty high then I'd say you have a good shot!