Quote from studentgirl
are there any out-of-state or international students who are in the badnap? i know you can't take the nclex-rn in oklahoma if you are not a oklahoma resident. am i right?
looking at their website you can sit nclex but a license will not be issued unless you can provide documentation of legal residency. this is what is stated
verification of citizenship status: new legislation takes effect november 1, 2007, requiring the board of nursing to issue a license only to u.s. citizens, nationals and legal permanent resident aliens; and to applicants who present, in person, valid documentary evidence of:
1. a valid, unexpired immigrant or nonimmigrant visa status for admission into the u.s.;
2. a pending or approved application for asylum in the u.s.;
3. admission into the u.s. in refugee status;
4. a pending or approved application for temporary protected status in the u.s.;
5. approved deferred action status; or
6. a pending application for adjustment of status to legal permanent residence status or conditional resident status.
applicants in the above six categories will only be eligible to receive a license card that is valid for the time period of their authorized stay in the u.s., or if there is no date of end to the time period of their authorized stay, for one year. the license card is required to indicate that it is temporary. the information will be verified through the systematic alien verification for entitlements (save) program, operated by the u.s. department of homeland security.
ok application form
if you are an international student you may qualify for opt once you complete training but is only valid for a year and if retrogression is still ongoing then you will have to leave the us if you do not have a immigrant/work visa allowing you to remain in the us or you maintain your student status. suggest you check out the international forum under the region tab above.