OCCC Nursing Program for Spring 2013 - page 10
19,555 Visits | 140 Comments
Just turned in my application...now for the waiting:confused: I only had 17pts, was wondering what everyone else had?... Read More
- 1Oct 25, '12 by liviah15I already had all my Hep shots, I actually had all the immunization when I was younger, so I had the health department print off my records. The only thing I have to get done is a titer because I had the chickenpox before and that appointment is today. As far as the background goes it just says we have to have it done by Nov. 30 so it will have ample time to process. Your going to get in I just know it I need to get your info so we can meet up on orientation day!
- 0Oct 26, '12 by Leslye3404I had to redo all my shots because I didn't have my shot record. I started the hep b shots but I guess I will have to sign a waiver because it will not be finished in time. I did both my tb test and also got the titer. So now I just have to do my backround check but I think i have to wait until I know for sure I'm in the program or not. Hopefully I will know before orientation and we should definently meet up there!
- 2Oct 30, '12 by KatherineCI just want to know by Thanksgiving! I can't relax...concentrate. I'm in limbo. Shots are getting done, CPR cert is getting done. Oh when will we get a CALL?! lol....
Leslye - make sure you post when you get the call, then maybe I'll be next! Hopefully!
- 1Oct 30, '12 by brit57I called today, I was just curious as to how many people on the alternate list get called. The lady I spoke to said that shes seen as many as 20 something get in. So, Im going to get my CPR training done anyways, and be prepared in case I get a call (which I bet can happen all the way in to mid-January) and I also asked about the 1+1 program, I was told that she thinks they do the admissions for that in both spring and fall. I was unsure because the LPN programs usually start in the fall and I wanted to be sure that it was an option, the lady I spoke to today said the letters are usually sent out much later for the 1+1 program. I have to admit, it has taken me since we got our acceptance/denial letters to get to this point of actually calling the program. Ready and on track now ( crossing fingers) and have my plan B set up in case.
- 0Oct 30, '12 by Leslye3404I completely understand how you two feel! I have sooo much anxiety and every time the phone rings I run like it's going to be the call!!!! Lol I agree by thanksgiving would be great! I emailed yesterday and he responded today saying no alternates have been called yet and that if and when a spot becomes available he will start calling the alternates and that if it is after orientation then we have to go to the health professions department and get all the info we missed. That will suck so bad not being at orientation if we get in!!!! cross my fingers for all of us!!!
- 0Oct 30, '12 by brit57Yea it would suck but not as bad as not getting a call! you should be fine! When is orientation? I imagine my call (if it happens at all) will be after for sure... but I will be just as happy if I can get into a 1+1 program. Even though the drive to Moore Norman would be a bit of a drive for me everyday, but I'll take it! I was accepted into another LPN program last summer for the fall(closer to home) but decided I would chance it one more time and try to get in to the RN program. Im kicking myself in the rear now, but hopefull.
- 0Oct 31, '12 by Leslye3404I think it's december 3rd but I'm not really sure. Very very true as long as I get a call I will be happy. I just hate the waiting game! I have no patience lol....I would love to do the 1+1 program if I don't get In. Do you know much about it? How far do you live from Norman?
- 1Oct 31, '12 by liviah15Hey ladies just wanted to give y'all a heads up Claire Echols, the nursing advisor told me that the 1+1 program for Moore Norman is only for Fall they don't offer it for Spring. I just wanted to give y'all a heads up, and orientation is Dec 10 from 9-5 in room 226 Health Professions Center. I just know y'all will get in, but if you don't get the call before orientation I would just go and see if you can sneak in and listen
- 1Nov 2, '12 by KatherineC"Just call me, don't be afraid to just call me, call me an I'll be around!"
"Who ya gonna call? Ghost busters!"
"867-5309, 867-5309! Jenny Jenny who can I turn to?"
"Hey I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my number, so call me maybe!"
EVERY SONG that has to do with a phone call is going through my head these days! Just thought I would share! LOL!
CALL ME MR. APPLICATION GUY!!!