Moving to OK, Where to take my Boards? Moving to OK, Where to take my Boards? | allnurses

LEGAL NOTICE TO THE FOLLOWING ALLNURSES SUBSCRIBERS: Pixie.RN, JustBeachyNurse, monkeyhq, duskyjewel, and LadyFree28. An Order has been issued by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota that affects you in the case EAST COAST TEST PREP LLC v. ALLNURSES.COM, INC. Click here for more information

Moving to OK, Where to take my Boards?

  1. 0 Hello Oklahoma nurses,

    I am going to be graduating from a school in NY with an LPN in May (as long as I pass and all) and moving to OK shortly after that. I am wondering where it would be best to take my boards?

    First off, do I have a choice or do I have to take the NCLEX boards in NY if I graduate from a NY school, or can I actually take them in any state given I am graduated/ have a LPN certificate?

    Second, if I am allowed to take them anywhere, what is the better option; Take boards in OK or in NY and then transfer the licence.

    All the New Yorkers I ask say take them here then transfer the licence to OK. I want to get the opinion from someone in Oklahoma though, who has taken the boards or knows what the process is.

    Thanks for your help!
  2. 2 Comments

  3. Visit  Zombi RN profile page
    #1 0
    They are right -- you should take your boards in the state you went to school in and then transfer the license.
  4. Visit  LovelyOverload profile page
    #2 0
    You could apply for a license in OK and take the test in NY so you wont have to deal with transferring your license.