Jobs near Duncan/Lawton for RNRegister Today!
- by brandi1985 Apr 22, '12I will be attending Nursing school in a year for a 2 year program to be a RN. I am worried about jobs in the area...Anyone have any experience with this area & jobs and pay? Thanks
- Apr 22, '12 by georgianurseheatherI moved to Lawton right out of nursing school a few years ago and got a job at Southwestern Medical Center with no problem (they even hired me while I was waiting for my Oklahoma license, which took forever!). I worked on a medical floor for 6 months. There were always RN jobs available, and they had to use travel and agency nurses to help staff the hospital, because they had such a hard time getting nurses. A large part of this could have been the pay, I only made $18 an hour starting. They did have decent shift differential, though. The other hospital in town, Comanche County Memorial Hospital also seems to have a decent number of RN jobs most of the time. I'm not sure how much they pay, but it's probably comparable to what Southwestern offers. Now, if you are willing to make the drive down to Wichita Falls, they pay their nurses much better and I believe there are plenty of RN jobs there too. May be something worth looking into. Good luck!
- Apr 24, '12 by ToradolSouth Western Medical Center has lots of jobs and hire new grads before they even graduate or hire while awaiting your license.
- Apr 27, '12 by brandi1985Thanks! Anyone know about Duncan Regional? I live closer to Duncan but heard that you have to have experience with them!
- Sep 18, '12 by immaRNQuote from brandi1985I worked at DRH as a new grad. They hired me before I passed my boards. This year they have hired new grads in pretty much all of their departments, including ICU and ER. I believe their current starting pay for a new RN is a little over $19 an hour, but I am not completely sure.I will be attending Nursing school in a year for a 2 year program to be a RN. I am worried about jobs in the area...Anyone have any experience with this area & jobs and pay? Thanks