Does anyone here attended LPN program at Kiamichi Tech. centers ?
- 0Oct 2, '09 by rian_bunchHi all! Im new to this forum. I lived in Frisco TX and I'm interested in becoming an LVN/LPN. I would like to know more about this school? Good/bad experience? Do they have a good LPN program?
Just like to have another option just in case i won't get accepted at Grayson. Thanks in advance!
- 0Oct 3, '09 by SamHillI did not attend Kiamichi but I have preceptored a few of their students(they do clinicals in my hospital) and work with one of their instructors from the Idabel campus. Instruction seems to be sold and I have been impressed with the way the instructors treat the students. They were very professional and treated the students like adults.
- 0Oct 4, '09 by Katy-NursingStudentI currently live in Durant and am going to Grayson too. I am applying for both programs next fall as well. I have taken other medical classes through the Atoka kiamichi campus and really liked it. I have a few friends that have graduated from Kiamichi's nursing program and they liked it. It has no pre reqs but having other certifications help.
- 0Oct 5, '09 by rdop5388I attended Kiamichi in Durant. It was a wonderful experience for me. The instructors are greatl. Also I attended NCTC in Gainesville twice. It was a nightmare. I learned more at Kiamichi during my clinicals than doing Clinicals at a big hospital in Denton while attending NCTC. Yes you will still have nursing school stress but the instructors are there for you if needed and you must study. They will do everything in there power to help you get through the program. We got to go on trips to OKC and an hour for lunch everyday. Except for when in clinicals only thirty minutes. Kiamichi is great. Good luck.
- 0Oct 5, '09 by Katy-NursingStudentI applied to NCTC's new online LVN program the first day apps were available and I talked to the program director right after she received my app. But then I didn't hear from her again for over a month 1/2 to schedule my NET test so I contacted her again and she said she never received my app!!! I was thinking really??? Needless to say I didn't apply again, if they can't even keep up with my application then I don't think their program is organized enough FOR ME. I think I am going to go to Kiamichi, get my LPN and then try to get into OU's traditional program. I really want the education of OU but I don't want to wait another year 3 yrs before Im a nurse. (I know I could do the bridge, but like I said I want the whole education experience from OU)
- 0Oct 5, '09 by rian_bunchQuote from Katy-NursingStudentHi- I am also applying this fall... I hope that i will get aaccepted to both schools. Yes i spoke with one of the staff at Kiamichi and she said that there is no pre-reqs for LVN, but i will still take BIOL class and maybe A&P class. What classes did you took at Kiamichi?I currently live in Durant and am going to Grayson too. I am applying for both programs next fall as well. I have taken other medical classes through the Atoka kiamichi campus and really liked it. I have a few friends that have graduated from Kiamichi's nursing program and they liked it. It has no pre reqs but having other certifications help.
- 0Oct 5, '09 by rdop5388You will take A&P at the beginning of the program. It is basic but no cake walk. When you go on for your RN you will have to take A&P 1&2. College level. Kiamichi is like the allied health A&P they offer at NCTC but I didn't think it was as hard. But will still need to study. Kiamichi is called the best kept secret in Durant. And it is. They are there to graduate nurses. And they do. The retention rate is high and don't loose many and when they do it is hard on the instructors and the students. The Nclex rate is high also. So I vote for Kiamichi Technology Center/ Durant. Good Luck.