Difference in Pay; RN vs NP??Register Today!
This is a discussion on Difference in Pay; RN vs NP?? in Oklahoma Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Does anyone know what the difference in pay is for RN's and NP's (new grads for both to try to keep...by oilsooner Oct 8, '12Does anyone know what the difference in pay is for RN's and NP's (new grads for both to try to keep it equivalent) in the Tulsa area?
Considering applying to the NP program at OU Tulsa, but am wondering what the salary difference would be in trying to justify the added expense and lost salary while in school.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=790981©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,609 Views
- Oct 12, '12 by Stephn28eTry the web site: Salary.com
- Oct 12, '12 by oilsoonerI never know whether to believe those numbers.
- Oct 13, '12 by TheCommuterI do not know how much local NPs are paid.
However, $19 to $20 hourly is the typical wage for new grad RNs in Tulsa area hospitals. Settings outside the hospital (hospice, LTC, home health, etc.) might pay more.
- Oct 14, '12 by oilsoonerThanks for the info. If anyone knows what new grad NP's make, I would appreciate that info.
- Dec 14, '12 by dottimurtulsa.ouhsc.edu which is the site for OU Health Sciences Center has a job opening for a PA or NP at $61,373 - $81,830. OU and other colleges may pay slightly lower I am not sure but that is one example at least.