Western Oklahome Intersession classes - page 7
Who has done these? I'm planning on doing the anthropology one on Christmas break to meet the cross cultural requirement. Any info on it? How hard is it to do?... Read More
- 0Nov 10, '12 by Simply ComplicatedQuote from woodsynyGeneral is the one offered in December right? I thought that it had to be cultural? I'm going to email my advisor then, because I would love to do that one instead of a 4 week through Edukan.Also FYI my advisor told me general anthropolgy at WOSU would suffice for cultrual anthropology. Plan to take it at intercession along with nutrition and hope neither one are too bad. Trying to get prereq's out of the way before I start nursing courses. Almost half way through microbiology online. Then i will just have Stats,a writing course and a arts course to take.
- 0I emailed my advisor at OU and asked her if that anthropolgy that was offered there would suffice for cross cultural and this is what she said.
'This anthropology course that you o.k.'d this suffices for a cross cultural course' Yes, that would be your Cross-Cultural requirement" It was the general anthropology course at WOSU
Course Number: ANTH 1113
Course Title: General Anthropology
Credit Hours: 3
This is the course and I also included the description and she said 'yes'
- 0Quote from woodsynyInteresting because I was told it HAD to be cultural, not general. I took the cultural anthro class.Also FYI my advisor told me general anthropolgy at WOSU would suffice for cultrual anthropology. Plan to take it at intercession along with nutrition and hope neither one are too bad. Trying to get prereq's out of the way before I start nursing courses. Almost half way through microbiology online. Then i will just have Stats,a writing course and a arts course to take.
- 0Quote from woodsynyNot doubting you at all! Just saying that it's interesting that we were told different things, but then again, what's new about that? ;-) If they told you okay, I'd go for it! Let us know how the course goes.I am just telling what my advisor told me after i sent the course description to her. believe me I will save that email as I ordered my book already!
- 0Quote from woodsynyApply for your transcript when you start the course. They will send it to OU as soon as the course is done. Wait about a month, then check your DARS. When it doesn't show up, don't panic. Just contact your advisor to ask if they received it. A gentle reminder that it was the course already approved should prompt them to get it added. You have the email. You won't spend 15 weeks in a course and you will save on tuition. Sounds like a good deal to me!That is what has me 'concerned' about a lot of things. i am just starting out and don't want to get to graduation and they change their minds.
- 0I don't even have an 'official' DARS report now. Just oh I looked at this and I looked at that and you need this and need that. tried to sign up for 4510 for spring and it says 'you do not have an enrollment date' even though my applications says approved for 2012/2013.