RFPD 110: Fashion and Culture
- 0Nov 11, '12 by luv2shopp85Is anybody taking this class right now? Or maybe someone who has already taken it can help me.
For the module 2 assignment we are supposed to select a contemporary item of dress and write a paper on it. I do not really understand what a contemporary item of dress is. I've searched the internet for 4 hours and haven't really came up with anything. I think contemporary means current fashion? So I thought of maybe using skinny jeans. But I can't find any origin of the item. This made me lean towards cowboy boots or riding boots. But they are not something that is brand new. They hvae been around for thousands of years.
Ahhh I'm so confused and frustrated! I wasted an entire day on this and I'm not any closer to being done than I was when I started. I posted a message on the Q&A board but noone has responded.
There is a list of items on the assignment which are dress fashions. I don't know if we should only be using these or what? But I really don't think fanny packs and beetles hair cuts are contemporary.
Someone please help
- 1,991 Visits
- 0Nov 12, '12 by modgoth1I am in that class right now too. I understand contemporary to mean of modern times. There are several items on the list they gave us that I would NOT consider contemporary, so it is a little confusing. On the paper it states " the list below presents some items you may want to consider," so you don't have to use one of the items on the list.
- 0Nov 12, '12 by luv2shopp85Do you think it is possible to use the same object for the discussion board and then for the assignment? I have the discussion board almost complete. The TA responded to my question about the discussion board thinking it was about the paper. And she said that i could use that item for the paper. Now I'm thinking it would be much easier to use for the paper.
- 0Nov 12, '12 by modgoth1Quote from luv2shopp85I don't know for sure but I would assume they would want different items on the discussion board and assignment.Do you think it is possible to use the same object for the discussion board and then for the assignment? I have the discussion board almost complete. The TA responded to my question about the discussion board thinking it was about the paper. And she said that i could use that item for the paper. Now I'm thinking it would be much easier to use for the paper.
- 0Nov 29, '12 by modgoth1To anyone who's in this class - week 5 is near!! Any thoughts from others who are in this class? I'm looking forward to finishing this one up and relaxing during winter break. I don't think the class workload has been too bad. I took the midterm this past week and didn't think it was too difficult either.
- 0Jan 6, '13 by Beautifulyou[QUOTE=vinny2002;7103426]Can someone tell me which book I need? This class starts January 14, 2013 and the professor still does not have the book listed!![/QUOTE
I was wondering the same thing. I don't start this class until Feb but wanted to get the books I needed in advance.