Phi Kappa PhiRegister Today!
- by Simply Complicated Feb 1Did anyone get the invite for this? Are you joining?
- 1,670 Views
- Feb 1 by bushrn75I got an invite as well. I think I'm going to join, will be good on a resume and grad school app!
- Feb 1 by iwantmoreI'm thinking the same thing. I researched it a little to see if it is just a scam. But, I think it looks ok.
- Feb 1 by LadyFree28This is a honor society organization... I was invited during my core requirement coursework. If you want clarification, contact your college advisor.
- Feb 2 by LadyFree28Quote from ohgirn^I'm not sure who this is directed to, but this is a national honor society org. There are hundred of community colleges and universities that have a chapter.Seriously? I thought I understood it, until I saw you trying to sell it. Now I'm disappointed.
If you are interested in the Nursing Honor society, here's the website:
If you are eligible, you get invited. Check with your program for the validity. Not selling anything, explaining REALITY. In my area, there is a local chapter, and there were several classmates that are able to join. They even visited our class and explained the requirements. If you are still skeptical (hence the "selling" comment as well as "scam") then ask your program for clarification instead of making assumptions...use those investigative skills as a nurse!
- Feb 2 by iwantmoreLadyFree28- I apologize, but you come across as condescending. We know how to do research, and if you read my post you saw that I did.
- Feb 2 by LadyFree28Quote from ohgirn^ I did, and are aware that "we" do research, lol...and saw your post, again, My response was to your LAST post for CLARITY..if you read my LAST post, you saw I asked for clarification, as well as provided information...if it didn't apply, then fine...if not, I just spoke on my experience, and provided info...*shrugs* and your condensation continues, hence the "research" comment. Sigh...moving on for the sake of the OP. VERY DONE with contributing to the hijack of the thread...LadyFree28- I apologize, but you come across as condescending. We know how to do research, and if you read my post you saw that I did.
For those who are interested in joining an honor society, please don't hesitate, I agree with a previous poster, it looks great in a résumé for future schooling, but the additional benefit is the social activities that both honor societies entail. I work side by side with both honor societies in terms of community outreach in my area...So GO for it!!!Last edit by LadyFree28 on Feb 2
- Feb 2 by BeautifulyouI got the invite also. I'm not overly excited about it though. I was offered it when I was in nursing school years ago as well. From what I remember they just wanted me to pay a fee and it seems nothing has changed. If this was such a great honor why should I have to pay? I could care less about a pin; I have so many pins from "this" and "that" and certainly don't need another. Ok, does it look good on a resume? Sure. Unfortunately, most employers don't give a hoot. I do most of the interviewing and hiring on my unit. I am interested in work experience, personality, etc., not about what you did in college. Does it look good to get into grad school? Sure, but your grades speak for themselves. Don't get me wrong, it is an honor to get the invite. I just don't need to write a check to someone else to validate my accomplishments. Just my thoughts.