Ohio University RN-to-BSN Program - Page 129Register Today!
- Nov 9, '11 by mo2rnQuote from Simply ComplicatedYou and me both. That will be great if we can start together! I wouldn't mind starting out with someone here. Luckily as of right now, I only have one school for transcripts and it is an easy online request for them.
I hope i get my DAR as soon as possible. I know i will need Nutrition and music.Hoping they will take everything else i will take nutrition at my local CC and i will take music through OU
- Quote from mo2rnIf you are interested, do a search on here for accredited online classes. There are some that are accelerated and/or self paced so you can finish faster. I came across a few that were pretty cheap, and would finish faster than a full semester at a CC. These were accredited as well.I hope i get my DAR as soon as possible. I know i will need Nutrition and music.Hoping they will take everything else i will take nutrition at my local CC and i will take music through OU
I checked into my local CC, and it's $150 a credit hour, not including fees. Also, as I would be non matriculated I can not use any financial aid even though I have it available. So for me, it's the same price if not cheaper to take all the classes I can from online sources, and not have to worry about making it to class. It's hard for me, because right now I work 3-11 pm 3 days a week. But we will be switching to 12 hour shifts, and I will be on nights. Works great for school as I can do my homework at work since I work psych, and there is frequently hours where the patients are all asleep. But it puts me in a bind for classes, trying to figure out which time to take classes. Add in a 2 year old, making it to class is not so easy.
With any luck our admission process is much easier than those in this thread who preceded us.
- Nov 9, '11 by mo2rnThat sounds good but how will it transfer.i would not want to have an issue with that as i will most likely be going for my MSN after i am finished with my BSN.I will check it out anything that will let me finish faster works for me.
- Scratch that... Fort Hayes is no longer transcribing for Straighterline. So I will be looking into the other schools that offer this.
- MO2RN, check out this link. They have an 8 week online intro to nutrition, at $214 a credit hour I think it was. They are fully accredited, and classes start all the time. I am looking into this for my math, even if I do it over a longer period.
- Nov 10, '11 by coolprofessionalQuote from mtsteelhorseThanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was sooo lost. I will go over the announcements and see what I can decipher.. Guys thanks for being so helpful in this forum:heartbeatIf you follow the teaching tips in the announcement for this week it provides steps for determining which inheritance pattern applies to each pedigree. I felt overwhelmed at first glance but it's not as bad as it first appears. Read and re-read all the material and visit the recommended website. This is definitely a module you can over think. I don't think that is the expectation.
- Nov 10, '11 by chucksteri was just looking through the syllabus for 325 and unless i'm reading things incorrectly (always a possibility for me), once we're done with this module - which has 2 fairly detailed assignments (mandelian and non-traditional inheritance) and a test but no db - there is not much left. for week 5, the syllabus calls for only participation (self-test) and db postings (i think 2). that means the week 5 points are only something like 10% of the final grade. this seems a bit silly and i would have preferred things to be spread out a bit more but it does make for a light conclusion.
i also am amused by the instructions for module 4 for my section that begin:
module 5 work is due on saturday at 8am, please plan your work accordingly!
i'm not sure how things went in the other sections but i have the distinct impression that the ta for mine was not very happy with the assignments that were turned in for mod 3 (teaching plan and draft handout). maybe i'm reading too much into the feedback letter that was posted but i got the impression that a lot of folks did poorly on this one.
no matter what, we have only a bit more than a week left - and the end of this class can't come soon enough for me. then, after the break, it's on to nrse 335 (legal/ethical). for now though, its back to trinucleotide repeat expansion.
- Nov 10, '11 by deltaroxxy2Quote from chucksterChuckster…I think they are basically telling folks that everything (discussion board postings x3 and replies (6 total)) are due by Sat 8am, so don't wait until the last minute to get stuff done.I was just looking through the syllabus for 325 and unless I'm reading things incorrectly (always a possibility for me), once we're done with this module - which has 2 fairly detailed assignments (Mandelian and non-traditional inheritance) and a test but no DB - there is not much left. For week 5, the syllabus calls for only participation (self-test) and DB postings (I think 2). That means the week 5 points are only something like 10% of the final grade. This seems a bit silly and I would have preferred things to be spread out a bit more but it does make for a light conclusion.
I also am amused by the instructions for Module 4 for my section that begin:
I haven't actually asked the question but I assume that this isn't meant to apply to the assignments for Mod 4 and that the TA cut & pasted this part along with the rest of the assignment but neglected to edit things.
I'm not sure how things went in the other sections but I have the distinct impression that the TA for mine was not very happy with the assignments that were turned in for Mod 3 (teaching plan and draft handout). Maybe I'm reading too much into the feedback letter that was posted but I got the impression that a lot of folks did poorly on this one.
No matter what, we have only a bit more than a week left - and the end of this class can't come soon enough for me. Then, after the break, it's on to NRSE 335 (Legal/Ethical). For now though, its back to trinucleotide repeat expansion.
I'm still stuck on Sperm Meets Ovum and Extra DNA and how it relates to the pedigree. I hated genetics w/my first degree, and I hate it now. Are we suppose to reference our explanations? I'm sure that's a DUMB question, but hey a girl can hope..LOL
The last assignment was confusing, but this board has helped me not feel alone.
I am PRAYING that people in my section start posting their discussions early so that I can be DONE with this class by Wed.
- Nov 10, '11 by mtsteelhorseChuckster, we'll be together in 335...I hope it's not for commisurating! We're almost done with this one. There are no comments/questions on the question board in my group for Mod 4 surprisingly enough. I don't think Mod 5 will be too bad...just 3 mini essays and 6 responses...cited of course! I've already done the pre and post tests and they were very easy. The end is near!
- Nov 10, '11 by SShannon81I just got my grade back for Module 4 in 325. Im surprised I got an A. Thought for sure that it would be much lower. I must say that I cannot see why they expected perfection with the last project seeing that we were loaded down with 2 DB's plus an indepth assignment. Like you guys said....only 1 more week then a very nice break.
I have decided on 410 and 335 for winter. I hope those courses or straight forward and to the point.