NRSE 414 Cultural Diversity - Page 50Register Today!
- Jun 5, '12 by mtsteelhorseQuote from peanutbutterjellyi wrote one fairly lengthy paragraph. my paper is 6 1/3 pages plus title and references. my ta said she's not a stickler for page numbers so long as we don't ramble on. i just love her!how much information did you put into the "description of interviewee" section of your paper? i'm trying to keep it short since the entire paper is going to talk about the interviewee. plus i only got five pages to fit this stuff in!
- Quote from NBanasz1yeh - it feels good to know that you are not alone...I agree, the one complaint I had about taking online courses was not being able to talk (or comiserate) with my fellow students. Now that I have this board I have that contact I have been missing.
- Quote from Simply ComplicatedI am with you on never being sure I did everything needed - so I check my checklist repeatedly and I also check the grades portion - terrified I might have left soemthing out or so.I did the test yourself for Mod 4 on Thursday I think. But last night, it was showing I had not completed it, but it didn't give me the option to retake it. I posted in the Q&A asking about it, but all she responded was she could not open it again. I know it doesn't count as a grade, I hope I don't get marked down for it. I don't understand why it showed as not done to begin with. So frustrating, I get all my work in on time, I bust my butt. If I loose points for this I'm not going to be happy.
- Quote from michelemybellebsco host is what our facility connects me to. I really like ebscohost - this is the one you can set your parameters to peer reviewed, 2 year limit etc.I know it's a little late but I just discovered some valuable library resources on the ohio student knowledge center page. Under the catmail login look for library services. There are several links...one for off campus patrons (takes you to ebsco host), rn to bsn (has sites for some of the nursing classes like diversity), and a nursing library link. If you have time to poke around it may be worth it for the future. It could possible be easier than going to ALICE.
- Jun 5, '12 by michelemybellQuote from 2yearrnbaYeah me too! I connect at work and that's what I've been using all along. I thought the OU site was an interesting alternative, especially the links for each individual class.ebsco host is what our facility connects me to. I really like ebscohost - this is the one you can set your parameters to peer reviewed, 2 year limit etc.
- Quote from michelemybellMichelemybell - call the Tech office - and see if you can get connected to Alice. Also - I find that it is easier to connect to alice if I close down Epic, and then open my Ohio, and access Alice from there. Alice and Epic, or Alice and My Ohio does not work because I keep on getting this I am running another script or something, so I have to close something down or another.I could never get into those journals!! God I may get hurt for this one....it's not from a nursing journal...oh well.
- Jun 5, '12 by Simply ComplicatedQuote from 2yearrnbaI'm usually really good about double checking all that stuff. But it was my anniversary this weekend, so I made sure I had all the work in before the weekend, and then didn't go back and look again. Unfortunately it was midnight when we got home, and I thought to double check it all. Still waiting on grades though, so who knows if I will loose points.I am with you on never being sure I did everything needed - so I check my checklist repeatedly and I also check the grades portion - terrified I might have left soemthing out or so.
- Jun 5, '12 by cincinursemaryDid anyone cite your interviewee? I put in a " ( Last name, first initial. personal communication, date, 2012)
The only problem is that for almost every section I had personal communication in it. Since you don't put in personal communication in the reference list, you can't use an a, b, c...
So, I don't know if I needed to add it or not. Thoughts?
- Jun 5, '12 by cincinursemaryCan't believe it, I Am Almost Done! One more DB reply and the quiz and I am done with this class.
- Jun 6, '12 by PeanutButterJelly93% on the quiz!!! Yay much better than the last one! Just need to get this last assignment done. How many references did everyone use? I feel like I'm lacking on the references for this paper. Did you put a reference in for every title comparing your interviewee and the culture?