NRSE 414 Cultural Diversity - Page 42Register Today!
- Quote from cincinursemaryWell - there you have it.Mine is straight forward. I emailed my hospital's director of diversity and asked how our hospital is implemnting the standards. She emailed me back and said
I don't know what your are insinuating....... we follow all federal standards.. blah, blah, blah.
Geeze...I only asked a question.
So I just quoted her in the paper (leaving out the insinuating comment) since we don't have any written policy except for use of interpreters.
That's gotta do, cause that's all there is.Last edit by 2yearrnba on Jun 1, '12 : Reason: spelling
- Quote from modgoth1modgoth you must be a smart cookie! I thught the free quiz (not graded) for this week was a little hard - but then this was before I did any of the reading - something tells me from reading your entry that it helps to do the reading first before taking the quizz even if it is non-graded quiz (lol). I am so struggling with the disuccsion board this week- yikes I'm watching the time and still haven't posted durn it!I've finished week 4's workload. Initially I thought it was going to be boring and after finishing it, well, it was still somewhat boring. I wasn't aware of the details of some of the laws so I did learn some things. My Mod 3 quiz grade was changed, of which I'm thankful for, because it bumped my high B quiz grade up to a low A grade. I'll take it, thank you.
My DB posting was pretty lame this week, couldn't get into it. The assignment was simple enough, pick a standard, tell what it is, how it's used in your workplace, and how to make things better. I answered like others said they did, with 1-2 paragraphs per question. This assignment was purely busy work. I did the readings that I could access. Oh and I did not read the 249 page final report on national standards. I did look through it a little to see what it was about though. I thought the test yourself quiz this week was the easiest one yet. I can't believe I'm on to week 5 now. This class is flying by!
- May 31, '12 by rninmeHas anyone else visited EPIC today? There is a letter from the professor that is quite interesting. Seems there have been lots of "issues" with this particular class ...
- Quote from rninmerninme,Has anyone else visited EPIC today? There is a letter from the professor that is quite interesting. Seems there have been lots of "issues" with this particular class ...
Pray tell us where exactly you saw this letter from the Professor because it is not showing up in my EPIC and I have been on it all day. What are the issues?
- Also, not to distract from the above comment - but has anyone else noticed that the cites for the reading assignment capitalizes Office of Minority Health for one reading, but for the next cite, it does not capitalize it?Last edit by 2yearrnba on Jun 1, '12 : Reason: spelling
- May 31, '12 by NBanasz1Wow, Wonder who has been causing issues?
- Quote from radmomtrue.Is it only my group or do all of the classes have slides missing from the lecture and dead links for the reading? Seriously makes doing this weeks work difficult... and with all these errors, you would think they wouldn't ding us for the silly little APA errors.
- May 31, '12 by cincinursemaryQuote from rninmeThis is the only letter that was posted for my section:Has anyone else visited EPIC today? There is a letter from the professor that is quite interesting. Seems there have been lots of "issues" with this particular class ...
"Try this address and click on the cultural tab at the top you can see
A Patient-Centered Guide to Implementing Language Access Services in Healthcare Organizations - The Office of Minority Health - OMH
I also went under Mozilla Firefox"
Now I'm curious........ what did she say?
- May 31, '12 by mo2rnQuote from rninmeQuite interesting indeed. I hope they address the issue with the individuals involved, makes you wonder what went down. Oh well, i hope the issues get resolved.
- May 31, '12 by cincinursemaryYeah! I'm done with week 4. Just did the test yourself and only got 1 wrong, I'm OK with that.
But you really do have to do the readings first, or it would not make sense.
Now on to week 5. I still have to do my interview. MY person has cancelled twice. Hopefully tomorrow, or else I'm
going to have to change cultures!