NRSE 414 Cultural Diversity - Page 21Register Today!
- May 12, '12 by mtsteelhorseI started week 2 and man, it is MUCH easier!!!
- Quote from deltaroxxy2i didn't have a key either. my shapes were color coded and i just wrote inside of the shapes and indicated in the shapes if the person was first generation..
question #1 is how i addressed what the colors meant: [color=#333333]the color red in my genome represents..... the color blue represents...... the color purple represents......
i provided no references, and kept my responses to the questions short and simple.
sounds like my paper deltaroxxy!!!
- May 12, '12 by cincinursemaryQuote from michelemybellOh no! Mine was way longer. I left the questions in and just answered them one by one.2 pages not including the genogram itself.
Mine was like 8 pages that way. We will have to see how she grades.
- May 12, '12 by EmJeanRNI hand drew my genogram and added a key then scanned into Word. Took me 15 minutes max. I had one color to represent that my family tree goes back many, many generations in America with zero diversity. I wrote my paper in paragraph style and referenced the web site only. I also looked at my OU Family nursing class textbook because there is a chapter that goes into great detail about genograms. I did not use the level of detail shown in the book. But it made a nice guide and had example of the key.
- Quote from mtsteelhorseDid you see in the DB instructions that it says to write a 3 paragraph essay on your cultural competency then right under it states to write at least 2 paragraphs no more than 4???? Seriously?? lol.I started week 2 and man, it is MUCH easier!!!
- May 12, '12 by mtsteelhorseI turned mine in and didn't look back, lol!
- Quote from mtsteelhorseyay!!!!! I'm following you! 3 is my lucky number.....I turned mine in and didn't look back, lol!
- May 12, '12 by NBanasz1Week 2 here we come, took my "test yourself" and failed, working on discussion and references for my cultural summary. Why do they jam so much in to week 1 and then have way less to do on week 2? Oh and my TA is giving little to no feedback. Great!
- May 12, '12 by 5centsWHYYYYYYY didn't I find this site earlier? Have been struggling thru week 1 of 414 and here are all kinds of hints and a place to comment (rage!) about what is going on this week. Will be checking this out and putting in my 2 cents! Can't believe I found it when trying to determine how to cite CCHPA!
- May 12, '12 by 5centsI stumbled across elselvier myself when looking for page 802 or some such that wasn't in the book. Then stumbled across this board when trying to figure out citation. WOW, wish I'd known about it before!
I wish the instructions in these classes were a bit more clear. It seems you figure out a lot on your own or as you go. But I guess that's what you get when you are dealing with online classes. I am fairly new in the program and am finding if I can network with others it certainly helps.
Appreciate everyone's input. Getting a lot more insight here than on course Q&A.