New Junior Comp class?Register Today!
- by cincinursemary Jul 16I was looking at the fall class offerings for the Academic Outreach section, there is a new class that I have not seen before. Called Writing for Women. It has a J after it, that would be a junior comp class, right?
After hearing all of the comments about the Business Communications class, I really don't want to take that one.
- 1,178 Views
- Jul 17 by ShantheRNI saw that too and I'd much rather take it! I keep waiting for an opening to appear.
- Jul 17 by rninmeJr comp class for BSN completion really isn't all bad with Professor difficult conversations. Grades fair, plenty of time to complete assignments and offers extra credit options.
- Jul 17 by woodsynyI agree rninme. Just a lonnnnggggggg 15 weeks and the professor grades very fair. Glad I am getting it out of the way now! Extra credit is worth it!
- Jul 17 by houseboatnurseThis will be the last class I have to take in the spring. Just did not work out any other way for me because I can only take one class at a time. Which professor is recommended?
- Jul 19 by rninmeQuote from houseboatnurseIt depends on whether you are an academic outreach or BSN completion student ... prof difficult conversations is who BSN completion students getThis will be the last class I have to take in the spring. Just did not work out any other way for me because I can only take one class at a time. Which professor is recommended?
- Jul 22 by RNinCQuote from rninmeBSN completion students can also get prof "call me" (you are still required to read Difficult Conversations but it is a different professor). And I wouldn't recommend that anyone take the course with this professor. There are no extra credit opportunities, supposedly if you don't turn in an assignment you fail, and the assignments are ridiculous.It depends on whether you are an academic outreach or BSN completion student ... prof difficult conversations is who BSN completion students get
- Jul 28 by FrillsI am just finishing the business communication class for the academic outreach program. It really is not a bad class. Quizzes are multiple attempts, there are discussion posts, journal entries, memos, and a final paper. The topics are interesting and assignments much easier than the nursing classes. I work full time, have a family, and was able to complete assignments over the weekend. You can also work ahead, as all assignments are available. The only thing not appealing about this class is the 15 week time frame. There is no extra credit offered in this class.
- Jul 28 by koolmaditzI need to take business communication, academic outreach, what professor is preferred?