Length to finishRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Length to finish in Ohio University Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hey everyone! So I'm just a little confused about how long it takes to finish the program. I was...by jw_2012 Jun 25, '12Hey everyone! So I'm just a little confused about how long it takes to finish the program. I was told it was at least 12 months, but I only need the nursing classes from what I figured out on my own and if thats true it seems like I can finish in 2 semesters if i double up on classes which is what i wanted to do. am i correct on this? I found it hard to get a hold of anyone at OU to get an answer right now, maybe because my application is still being processed. Thank you for any help :-)
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=749093©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 815 Views
- Jun 26, '12 by Simply ComplicatedIf all you had to do was the 9 core courses, than yes you could potentially finish in just 2 semesters, which would be the equivalent of about 10 months. You don't have to do cross cultural, statistics, arts, junior english, none of that?
- Jun 26, '12 by jw_2012thank you for your response! I think I have everything covered because before I started my ADN program I took all the pre reqs for other BSN programs which included almost all of those. The only thing I'm not sure about is the junior english so I may have to add that or if some things I think will transfer don't. But I just wanted to see the fastest i could be done if everything does transfer and one of the classes I previously took counts toward junior english
- Jun 26, '12 by ohiomomIn addition to the nursing classes, I had to take a fine art, ethics/philosophy, and soc101. If I had taken classes throughout the summer, I could have finished prior to fall semester starting. I started fall 2011. Since I took summer off, I will finish in December. So, if all you have to take is nursing classes only, then one could easily finish the program in one year or 2 semesters, provided all the classes needed are offered during that time and you could double up on them. There are a couple of classes I am glad I did not double up on...like geriatric nursing. I doubled up family with nursing ethics. It was a lot of work, doable, but a lot of work.
- Jun 26, '12 by Simply ComplicatedThe other thing you would also need to be sure, is that you are completing enough credits through OU. I know Chuckster is having to take a filler class, simply because she transferred so much in that she didn't meet the requirement for how many credits are taken through them. So most likely you are looking at about 1 year, with time off between classes, winter break, etc.
- Jun 26, '12 by jw_2012thank you all for your help! A year isn't too bad, I just want to be done as quickly as possible. I know doubling up will be more difficult, but I don't have any other commitments besides work, so I think I can handle it..or at least I hope!! I applied in may for Fall and I still haven't heard back as to whether I got in. I'm hoping I hear something soon