Family Nursing (NRSE 330) summer 2012 - Page 24Register Today!
- Aug 7, '12 by chucksterQuote from mtsteelhorseThere could be an adjustment at the end but my guess is that there will not be a curve as long as the overall grade distribution is reasonable. If I get the same grades I've been getting on my DB and Case Study postings and get the same [very low, failing] score on the final as I did on the midterm, I will wind up at the bottom of the B+ range. Not ideal - and by far the lowest grade earned in any the classes - but at this point, I don't care. Only 4550 and Excellence left once the horror of Family is over.The study guide indicated the elements to be covered on the midterm, but they were general headings. I think it helped but the exam was so darn nit-picky and went way beyond concepts and into minutia. Has anyone done the case studies for this week? I cannot seem to get this done! Is it likely the exams could be curved at the very end or did folks get the impression there is no curve thanks to all the "perfect scores?"
As for the final study guide I, too am lost about dual incomes. Someone posted about that a few days back. Anyone???
For dual incomes, it's hard to imagine what our instructor wants, but my guess is that she's going to ask how it relates to contemporary families. There's not much in the book, but nearly all modern families (from the late 70's on) have to be dual income. I read that only about 7% are now "traditional" families with only one wage earning partner and the other remaining in the home. I would see if there's some kind of very obscure study on this - if there is, that would be the likely source of any test questions.
Is your sarcasm meter pegged yet?
- Aug 7, '12 by 2yearrnbaQuote from eabroussardrnit does get wearing...but i wanted to remind you that module 5 does require references in the case study responses for sure where she specifically says to use "references to support your ideas".thanks for your response. i did get reference and submitted my case studies and can you believe it. the ta responded back and said that i did not need the references. damm i don't think i'm going to study, just to tired with another final to take in another class. best of luck.
- Aug 7, '12 by zoey8Thanks for the infoon dual incomes...i think my brain is fried! Anyone taking stats next? Has anyone taken it? Do you need a scientific calculator?
- Chuckster, thanks for the info on dual incomes....I think you're spot on. Good luck finishing this awful class.
- chuckster - as always ~~ You Rock!!! :bowingpur
- Has anyone been brave enough to do the Final yet? Dreading it - I am sure it will be a silly and disjointed as the midterm. Best of luck to all of us! I am sure that I will need all the luck I can get.
- Aug 8, '12 by PeanutButterJellyI took the final... guessing game again! I never bothered studying and glad I didn't after seeing some of the questions.
- Anybody watching all those videos??? :zzzzz I'm not sure they're relevant at this point. Anyone think so?
- Quote from PeanutButterJellyThanks... I think! Argghhhhhhh.....I took the final... guessing game again! I never bothered studying and glad I didn't after seeing some of the questions.
- Quote from mtsteelhorseI skimmed them - doubt they are relevant but again, I find nothing in this class relevant! Most likely just my bad attitude toward this class, or something like that ...Anybody watching all those videos??? :zzzzz I'm not sure they're relevant at this point. Anyone think so?