Family Nursing (NRSE 330) summer 2012 - Page 15Register Today!
- Jul 25, '12 by rninmeQuote from Aurora12Not sure - if it gets curved we may not get grades until later. Only thing I do know is that nothing makes sense in this class.Im joining the group after stalking the posts for the last hour.
im curious if the midterm will tell you immediately after what your grade is.
too nervous too take it ahh
- Jul 25, '12 by mtsteelhorseQuote from rninmeI have no clue how to review for this mid-term. The study guide is a joke. Does anyone know if the final is comprehensive? I'm really frustrated with the lack of turn around on grades. How can we possibly move forward to meet their deadlines without timely feedback??!!Not sure - if it gets curved we may not get grades until later. Only thing I do know is that nothing makes sense in this class.
- Jul 25, '12 by mo2rnQuote from Inimica18Thanks Inimica, this information is very helpful and brings some clarity and a sense of what to expect.It seems as whoever this instructor is, makes this class hell. It was a lot of work when I took it but not disorganized and confusing like this. When I took this class in the spring, the midterm consisted of 25 multiple choice questions. Although I was confused too because the instructions let you to believe it could be any style question. It was available from thursday through sunday and we had 45minutes. Got only 16/25 right but it was curved so much that I ended up with an 88.61% (instead of 64%). The same thing happened to the final. I got a 62.5% on it and with the curve it went up to a 81.43%. You would think someone would rewrite these questions if success rate is so low and huge curves are required. Overall I still ended up with a 96% in the course. It seemed as if the assignments were not graded hard at all.
- Jul 26, '12 by PeanutButterJellyLooked ahead to module 4 and saw there are 10 questions for this dumb case study. I don't think i can go through another week of repeating everything i just wrote but in different words!!!! I really can't tell you what I'm actually learning from this class... However, I can tell you about a stupid family in a case study that doesn't refer to anything in my nursing career. Oh how happy i am to return to school and waste hundreds of dollars every five weeks. I must say... I perfer doing this case study over anything from that last cultural and diversity class.
- I'm tired of my family...this class covers far too much information for 5 weeks. Just the reading alone will tell you that. And the case study...worthless IMO. The same family over and over?! Really??? As their family nurse I quit, lol!
- Grades posted for case studies...anyone receive comments? I didn't. That makes for a "rich" learning experience. Yeah, right...
- Jul 26, '12 by michelemybellQuote from mtsteelhorseThis is weird. I have an "X" next to my last answer. Actually .5 deduction with no explanation. Of course .5 means much more that that! And more research and practice details in my DB to other students??? Really???Grades posted for case studies...anyone receive comments? I didn't. That makes for a "rich" learning experience. Yeah, right...
- I can't say how I feel about this class. It would all be censored. And no compassion for an unexpected health problem...none whatsoever. And you call yourself nurses??? No extension, no "I'm sorry for your condition, I wish you well," nothing. I can't wait to kiss this program good-bye.Last edit by mtsteelhorse on Jul 26, '12
- Jul 26, '12 by mo2rnDid you guys notice the hostile popst from the professor. I am not sure what she means but as for me i personnally answer all the questions and then i use one of my answers to post on my group DB in my own words and i also use that answer for my personal DB since it is the same question. Why would i answer the same question in a diffrent way; afterall we have enoung of these case study questions to answer. Or does she mean that students are actually using other peoples work form the group DB.
Side note: So we will be loosing epic and going fully to blackboard. I know this will be a nightmare come fall.
- Jul 26, '12 by michelemybellI am amazed at the amount of postings we have to do for this class. The case study DB is 3 alone!! Not to mention answering them seperately....and then the regular DB and replies. And my TA was nice enough to tell us to have references for the uploaded questions. Thansk so much lady. The class is more confusing than 325....who got a bad eval from me btw!