Family Nursing January - page 6
Starting this family nursing course in January and from what I hear this is going to be a hard course. I am looking for the support of my fellow class mates, or any hints from those who have previously taken the class. Thank... Read More
- 0Jan 18, '13 by enuf_alreadyQuote from modgoth1Modgoth, I like your therapeutic letter ;-). Hopefully this will help our other poster as I cannot imagine trying to complete this assignment without a book! I've been using Amazon Prime student and buy used and get my book in 2-3 days. I would be freaking if I didn't have a book! Your solution sounds like a creative one! Good luck to you!
I don't have my book yet, due to seller error, as evidenced by no book recieved yet even though payment was made on 12/28. I have to wait until 1/22 to file a claim saying that I never recieved it. Apparently I am still supposed to get it but we'll see. In the meantime I was able to do a 7 day free trial etextbook of our textbook from Barnes and Noble and I have been reading it on my laptop. It's not ideal, I highly prefer the actual book, but it is working in a pinch. Go check it out at Barnes and Nobles website. Once the free trial is over you can rent it as an etextbook for about $21.
- 1Jan 18, '13 by RachelR81After I finished my discussion post this morning I have done nothing but stare at the computer and case study. I feel uncomfortable submitting something into safe assign without references. Maybe I am making more out of it than what it is. I'm going to take a break and watch Bubble Guppies with my kid to clear my brain
- 0Jan 18, '13 by evieincoQuote from RachelR81I'm kind of "weirded" out by the no references, etc, but don't make it harder than it is. It's a letter afterall, I do need to take my down to a 5th/6th grade reading level...but will edit it later. Just get your thoughts down and refine later. I have one page done, will wrap it up after a break. Probably will be about 2 pages I think.After I finished my discussion post this morning I have done nothing but stare at the computer and case study. I feel uncomfortable submitting something into safe assign without references. Maybe I am making more out of it than what it is. I'm going to take a break and watch Bubble Guppies with my kid to clear my brain
- 0Jan 18, '13 by BeautifulyouMy therapeutic letter was 2 1/2 pages after writing the nsg dx. The letter itself was about 2 pages. I just simplified my wording a bit to make it 5th to 6th grade level. I have to say I was not a fan of this assignment. It took me much longer than it should have. I'm sure I was overthinking it because that's what I tend to do. I also looked ahead and can't find the cased study for week 2.
- 1Quote from koolmaditzHere's a link to a place where you can paste your text in a box and it will assess the reading level of your text. THE SMOG READABILITY FORMULAI am at a complete loss on how to dummy down my letter to a 5th-6th grade level, any hints????
I was able to get mine down to 6.7 grade. I just can't figure out how to dumb it down anymore than than.
- 1Quote from NBanasz1Thanks NBanasz1, I didn't know this existed in Word. I did find it and added it. When I checked my text with Word's readability checker it listed it at an 8th grade level. This was higher than when I checked it on the SMOG test. So different readability checkers grade differently. I wonder which readability checker our TA will use?In word you can check the readability level as you check the spelling (Google it to find out how to add that function). Basically to reduce the readability use small sentences and small words (as measured by syllables).
- 0I can't find the week 2 case study either. My guess is that they are waiting until week 2 starts to actually post it. I too would like to get a head start on this. I submitted my Therapeutic letter and it was checked via Safe Assign with a 5% match, so no worry about possible plagirism.