4550- Evidence Based Nursing - page 2
From looking at the classes starting in fall, I'm guessing that Evidence Based nursing is replacing Research? Anyone have any idea if stats is still required prior to taking this, as it was with Research?... Read More
- 0Quote from Simply ComplicatedI took it at the same time I took another course so I was very busy. You'll be fine taking it over the break. The reading took a lot of time but I enjoyed the class. It's an easy C or B...a little more effort for an A. Loved the course content. PM if you need more info.Thanks for reminding me, I need to order my books. I should do that before I go have this baby Friday. Mt.Steelehorse, did you ever take the intersession class? I plan on doing the cross cultural over winter intersession, was wondering how it was if you did it?
- 0Aug 9, '12 by chucksterLooks like I hit a speedbump on the way to the finish line.
I'm blocked from enrolling iNRSE 4550 because the system thinks that I haven't fulfilled the stat requirement. This has happened before and it's because OU waived the requirement (my stat courses were in grad school and can't be transferred for undergrad credit). The real problem is that my advisor is on vacation. When this cropped up previously, she was able to fix it almost instantly but I can't seem to find anyone in the nursing office to handle it in her absence.
Hopefully there will still be open seats when she gets back, otherwise I'm kind of screwed. This is my last course (actually Excellence is technically the last course) but it's not offered again until the second spring session next year. So instead of finishing this October, I could have to wait until summer next year to graduate. Jeesh!
- 0Oh my goodness, Chuckster. What a pain this process can be! It never ceases to amaze me how only one person can solve a problem such as this and invariably they are "unavailable". Keep us posted...good luck. I'm tempted to double up the last 2 courses to be done. Tempted...not sure how hard it would be to do that but I am burned out.
- 0Aug 9, '12 by chucksterQuote from mtsteelhorseOK - back on the road. I heard back from the nursing office today and they told me that they went ahead and enrolled me in the course.Oh my goodness, Chuckster. What a pain this process can be! It never ceases to amaze me how only one person can solve a problem such as this and invariably they are "unavailable". Keep us posted...good luck. I'm tempted to double up the last 2 courses to be done. Tempted...not sure how hard it would be to do that but I am burned out.
I'm tempted to double up and be done with it as well but that makes a lot of work for a 5 week period. I think I'll just do this one now and Excellence in Oct. Ten weeks isn't that long . . .
- 0Aug 10, '12 by cincinursemaryIt looks like there will be several of us taking this class this fall. I'm glad to have you all around for moral support. I'm a bit nervous with the switch to semesters and the switch to Blackboard for all the courses, I just wonder if the instructors will have their act together in time.