4510 Section #15220 is open on Blackboard - Page 6Register Today!
- Sep 4, '12 by iwantmoreQuote from bushrn75I'm not so sad myself. I'm glad we had to take the quiz, as it contained some valuable information that we may not have looked at if we weren't forced to do so, but I'm not really sure that it needed to be part of our grade.Check your OU inbox. I got an email that says the self quiz will not be counted toward the final grade due to technical issues!
- Sep 4, '12 by bushrn75to each himself. I didn't do good the first time which brought my grade for that test under the passing mark. I'm grateful it will not be included.
- Sep 4, '12 by jodloveI just saw my grade on assignment #2 the APA citations. I got 4 of them wrong. I copied and pasted directly from citationmacihine.net How is that even possible? I feel very discouraged.
- Sep 4, '12 by cincinursemaryQuote from jodloveHang in there, you can do it. I thought this course would kill me when I took it back in March.I just saw my grade on assignment #2 the APA citations. I got 4 of them wrong. I copied and pasted directly from citationmacihine.net How is that even possible? I feel very discouraged.
Did the instructor correct the mistakes? Use those as references for the next assignment. I don't know why this school makes such a big deal of APA, but they do and ya just gotta go with the flow.
I used citationmachine.net alot when I started. But you do have to double check it. Sometimes it is not 100% correct which you found out. I swear I spent twice as long on the APA stuff as I did on writing the assignnments. It was crazy making. Citationmachine is a good starting point, but if something doesn't look right, double check it against owl or your book.
- Sep 5, '12 by jodloveThanks for the encouraging words. I have two kids in college who use citationmacihine for everything and have never had a problem. If I have to write out the citations by hand I'm sure I'll make even more mistakes!
- Sep 5, '12 by bushrn75I went to school with Florence Nightengale! I don't remember ever dealing with APA formatting, however I have noticed the citation machine is not always correct. I luckily work with a few masters prepared folks who just graduated and know APA like the back of their hands. I would just double check the citation machine against the book before submitting!! good luck-we can do it!!
- Sep 5, '12 by ShuggypieI also used citationmachine.net and got 4 out of 4 correct, that I used with the website. The 1st question I didn't use the citation machine and got it wrong. If you need help using the website PM me and I'll try to help you. Make sure you are using APA and not MLA format on the website, and also that you choose the correct type of publication such as journal, magazine, book etc.
- Sep 6, '12 by bushrn75I'm stunned but I got 100% on all 3 assignments for last week!! All that stressing paid off! I hope everyone else did well!!
- Sep 6, '12 by jodloveDo you think you could send me your APA assignment? I would like to compare your answers against mine. I was really careful to choose the correct publication, there was only one I couldn't figure out so I took an educated guess - haha! I copied and pasted directly from citation machine. I wonder if different TA's grade assignments?