Tri-C Nursing Program-Starting in Fall 2011 - Page 4Register Today!
- Mar 22, '11 by ScottE,RNQuote from J845Quick question, Scott. How long are the clinicals, and how many days per week? Thanks!
1450 Clinicals are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. From 630/700am (630am if you do preassignment the day of clinical, 700am if you do it the day before this varies by clinical site) to 130PM Some sites will get out early some sites get out late. You won't have clinical the first week, the second week on either Tuesday or Wednesday you will have what they call "Bed, Bath, and Beyond" day where you'll meet your clinical instructor and practice basic care stuff, washing hands, Personal protective equipment, bed baths, bed pan ect. The third week you will actually go to the hospital depending on the site the first day is an orientation to the hospital day, the second day is either an orientation to the charting system, or your first day on the floor this varies based on clinical site.
- Mar 23, '11 by DramaQueen1352I can't wait to start the program! I feel like I waited forever. I admit I am a little nervous too. When are we supposed to get the information on everything we need to do before August? Can you please let me know if any of you have received anything? I haven't heard anything from the nursing dept. since they asked if I wanted to change to the East Campus. I didn't want to change though. I was hoping they would open up a Fall 2011 at the West shore campus. West shore is very nice!
- Mar 24, '11 by MelMelHQuote from DramaQueen1352Hi DramaQueen,I can't wait to start the program! I feel like I waited forever. I admit I am a little nervous too. When are we supposed to get the information on everything we need to do before August? Can you please let me know if any of you have received anything? I haven't heard anything from the nursing dept. since they asked if I wanted to change to the East Campus. I didn't want to change though. I was hoping they would open up a Fall 2011 at the West shore campus. West shore is very nice!
They haven't sent out any additional info since asking if people wanted to transfer. We should be getting an email in April. Which campus are you going to and will you be day or evening?
- Mar 24, '11 by J845Thanks for the info Scott!
- Mar 24, '11 by ScottE,RNQuote from J845Thanks for the info Scott!
Keep in mind that only applies to the "Generic Days" program, although accelerated may be different. Evening/Weekends is a whole different animal that I don't know anything about.
- Mar 24, '11 by DramaQueen1352I am on days, at Metro. Thank you for keeping me updated MelMel.
- Mar 24, '11 by J845Scott,
I will be joining the generic program...probably during the day as well. I am not really sure yet but thanks alot. Any info you can give is helpful and appreciated.
- Mar 29, '11 by LeahMarieCan someone tell me since when does the Eastern campus offer a day program? I just noticed this on the nursing website and was shocked to see that they were admitting for a day program at the Eastern Campus. To my knowledge, I only knew that the Eastern campus offered the Evening/Weekend program. This would have been much more fitting for my schedule had I known about this earlier, but this is the first I've seen of it.
- Mar 29, '11 by MelMelHLeahMarie,
I was not aware of this either. I chose the evening/night because the Eastern campus was closer to me vs. the metro.
- Mar 29, '11 by LeahMarieI'm actually on the phone with the Nursing department at the moment and they told me that it's something new... and I'm now looking to forfeit my spot in the Evening/weekend program this fall in order to be admitted to the day program in spring 2012 at the Eastern Campus due to it being so much more convenient. The way I look at it is that I've waited this long to get into the program.. that one more semester isn't going to make much difference, especially if it is much more convenient for me to do days as opposed to evenings.