Tri-C Nursing Starting Spring 2011 - Page 5Register Today!
- Nov 5, '10 by ScottE,RNWell being a 6'2" 210 lb dude apparently has some advantages. They had everything I needed at the uniform store, well except for the name tag of course. Now, I'm not a fashion conscious individual however, I feel like a complete ass hat when I put this stuff on. I can only imagine how someone who actually gives a **** what they look like must feel wearing this uniform.
- Nov 6, '10 by NewStart2012So orientation will be December 1st and the day after is when I will be able to register. I will purchase the uniforms first and will purchase textbooks when I get the syllabus. I have my appointment set up for the CPR class for the following week and need to make an appointment for the vaccines and physical. I am getting nervous all of a sudden. It seems that so many times I have been close to starting and something happens that I have to cancel. I hope this time is different and that I am able to start the program in January. I wonder if that nursing kit that they sell at the uniform store will be any good.
*NewStart2010*Last edit by NewStart2012 on Nov 6, '10 : Reason: Adding a question
- Nov 12, '10 by ScottE,RNPeople must really like me, or I just have great timing because I ordered my name tag last Friday and it was ready to be picked up this past Tuesday 5 days later. (I picked it up today.)
- Nov 30, '10 by NewStart2012So orientation is tomorrow. I know some of you have been through it already and was wondering what should I expect. I am all of a sudden so nervous about the whole thing (meaning nursing school since it is just a month away).
- Dec 1, '10 by ScottE,RNBasically you just turn in that Online Test results sheet you printed out then just sit there fill out and sign a couple forms then listen to various people speak. It's not that big of a deal.
- Dec 13, '10 by ScottE,RNSemester is almost over and then in a little over a month we'll be sitting in nursing lecture.
- Dec 25, '10 by ScottE,RNJust an FYI to anyone monitoring this thread that the welcome letter for the Spring 2011 group has been posted up on the group site. It can be found under Files/Course Info Spring 2011/1300 1450 It basically outlines what to expect the first few weeks of class, required text books, and assigned readings.
- Jan 19, '11 by rrmitch2000ScottE --
So tomorrow is the big day! Correct me if I am wrong...I think we have the same schedule...so that means tomorrow is just lecture and both our labs are on Friday...meaning no need to lug tote, etc and wear lab coat tomorrow. I have yet to get the sharps coupon that everyone is talking about...do you know what the deal is with that? I also nee a drug reference and a medical encyclopedia...I was thinking of getting an app for my smartphone that has Davis drug guide and tabers on it...did you buy actual books? My bro who is a doc uses epocrates on his droid...says it is indispensible....hmm what to do.
Additionally, since it has been a while since I did the AM Cleveland commute...do you think allowing an hour to get to metro (from brecksville) will be okay? I cant remember when 77 really backs up...I seem to recall that leaving around 7 715 is key.
I will see you tomorrow.
- Jan 19, '11 by ScottE,RNThe deal with the sharps coupon is that when we start doing SubQ and IM injections they'll ask for it in lab so you can use the "sharps." It's basically a piece of paper I'd imagine something like the liability insurance thing we had to buy.
I bought actual reference books. Mosby's Drug Guide, Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Health Professions, and I also have a Nursing Diagnosis Handbook that will probably come in handy when we start writing out care plans. I looked at something for my smart phone however, I got the 3 reference books for only a couple dollars more than what it would cost for one of the three smart phone apps I would need.
Yes, I do have the same schedule as you. The only difference is that we have different clinical sites. As far as the commute I'm coming up I-71 to the Inner Belt. It's pretty much a crap shoot. Some days you can drive right through other days it's backed up like an old person. I'll be up around 6:00 and I'll check the weather. Right now I'm planning on leaving from Strongsville here around 6:45 or so. It's better to be 15 to 30 minutes early than 15 to 30 minutes late.
- Jan 20, '11 by ScottE,RNThese are the books I have.
I went over to the bookstore and purchased the "Sharps kit" basically like I said before it's a 3"x4" piece of paper with a UPC sticker on it. The actual sharps kit is in the lab.