Starting Lorain County Community College RN - Fall 2012 - Page 4Register Today!
- May 1, '12 by JwarnikeWell I can't apply until I complete Chemistry this summer. I'll be cutting it close. Last day of class is July 29. Deadline to apply is August 4th. Enjoy your summer off! And let us know how the program is going!
- May 1, '12 by wantccuThanks, I will! As far as the deadline to apply - that's just for Jan 2013 (although, last year the review was September 4 not August so maybe double check) consideration, you can actually apply to the program at any time. Still apply as soon as grades are posted, your application date matters most.
- May 2, '12 by snickers21I too am enjoying this summer off with my kids!
Yes, apply as soon as your chemistry grade posts if you need that. Have you talked to someone from the nursing program? Sometimes high school chemistry counts. I took a basic chemistry class at LCCC (which no longer exists due to restructuring) when I was a senior in high school and that counted for the application. The sooner you get on the list the better. From what I understand the list has gone down in size.
- May 3, '12 by JwarnikeNo, I didn't take chemistry in high school. But even if I had that was 13 years ago, so I'm sure it would be outdated. LOL. Man I feel old!
- May 3, '12 by JwarnikeAnd the advisers told me the wait list is 461. Ouch! Then again, I wonder how many of those people have gotten accepted into other schools, or pursued other avenues and just never bothered to call and have their name taken off the list.
- May 3, '12 by snickers21Yes and don't forget you don't even go into the "pool" of applicants until the support courses are completed. The list has gone down, when I got on the list in Dec 2010 it was 600 something! eek!
- May 4, '12 by JwarnikeI wish they had a pre-nursing class that you could take before you get into the program. To weed out the people who realize half way thru their first semester that nursing isn't for them. Because once a seat is taken its taken. And I've heard of people dropping out of the program.
- May 4, '12 by wantccuList is going down! It was 619 when I applied last May. They have a basic patient care class that is a pre-req to some of the allied health programs and I think it would be a good idea to have it as a pre req for nursing even if you're going to get a more comprehensive class once you begin.
As far as people dropping or failing out - there's really not a whole lot that can be done about it. I think LCCC does due diligence in making sure that people have been able to successfully complete their support classes before even considering them for the program pool, and they went one step further adding the Stats requirement, because there's not really any way to blow through that class without putting in the work.
- May 5, '12 by JwarnikeQuestion: I'm registered for chemistry and statistics online courses this summer. I heard from someone that stats is really hard to take online. Any input??
- May 5, '12 by ladylysisQuote from JwarnikeI am strong in math, but learned my lesson when I tried Applied Algebra online. It was awful! I got a great prof for my classroom-based Stats class, and that made all the difference. Unless you are a math goddess, I recommend taking it on campus.Question: I'm registered for chemistry and statistics online courses this summer. I heard from someone that stats is really hard to take online. Any input??