Lorain County Community College waiting list - anyone else? - Page 3Register Today!
- Oh man Snickers - who did you meet with? That is TERRIBLE!!!!
- Oct 14, '11 by snickers21Well I don't think I am allowed to name names, but he works with the nursing students regularly I think. His card just says enrollment services. There is a Basic BSN advising session at CSU today @ 2 I'm considering going to. The problem is I'd have to squeeze in the chemistry classes during the spring and the summer and the extra classes I've taken towards the BSN for Akron would be useless. Not to mention the program would be more $$$. *sigh*
I'm so disappointed!
- OOOOH - I talked to a nasty, condescending, #### on the phone named ------ (no last name should be okay?) from enrollment services and he said somewhat the same thing - Was it him? I'm going to see ---- the actual counselor on 10/31. I decided that I wouldn't lose heart until i spoke with him... So, keep the faith for a couple of weeks and I'll report back exactly what he has to say.Last edit by dianah on Oct 14, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re:posting names
- Oct 14, '11 by snickers21No, it wasn't either of them. However he was a "counselor" with enrollment services. I use "counselor" because I don't know if I would call him that after his recommendations. I just spoke with the Nursing Program Director and have a call into the Enrollment Dean. The Director confirmed what I was trying to tell the counselor about dual enrollment with Akron and he was clueless with that. I really need some reassurance for the "pool" as there is no way I am waiting until Fall of 2013 to get into the ADN program. Even the Director felt the counselor's other advice was inappropriate.
What a way to flip me out. Here I was all excited to be finished with my 8-week Ethics class only to be defeated.
- I'm so sorry. It's also sad to hear that there's another counselor/advisor out there on the same jerky power trip as the one that I spoke to. He did tell me that they're updating the pool this month, so hopefully I will be able to get that information at my appointment. That was all I wanted to know when I spoke to him was how many people were in the pool at this time and how many of those were done with their requirements. He started out with "Well, let me REMIND you of the admissions process that was on the application that YOU SIGNED when you applied. First, it goes by your application date, then courses completed, then GPA. It may SEEM to you like you applied a long time ago, but it WASN'T in terms of this program. I'm not sure who told you that January was a possibility but there's a fat chance of that and even next fall. You'll be lucky if you make it in January of 2013."
Insert sarcastic attitude throughout...
Crossing my fingers that my counselor appt. that I will have waited a month for goes better.
- Nov 2, '11 by snickers21wantccu how did your appointment with the counselor go?
I have a call and 2 emails into to CSU with a few questions, but I think I'm going to apply (if I'm eligible) and see which program I can get into for next fall. If I can get into LCCC next fall I will just go there since their NCLEX passing rate is the same if not a little better. Plus it doesn't cost $1,800 a year for parking like it does at CSU. Ouch!
- Nov 2, '11 by wantccuWell.... it was about the biggest waste of time EVER! I got there and was told that the counselor was out (and has been for several weeks so it's not like they couldn't have called me) and that filling in for him was an advisor that's not even been there for a year, was a total dope (although nice), couldn't answer a single one of my questions, and his "advice" to me was to practice my zen and wait. Oh, and that it could be fall. Or next January. Or the following fall. He doesn't really know how many people are on the list and statistically speaking people are getting in from 2-4 semesters after their application dates. Yes, the waiting list is shorter than it has been because of the Stats requirement being added and the Tri-C west shore campus opening.
I'm going to stick with LCCC, though. CSU is 3 years of clinicals, so even if the program starts in Fall I'd still be looking at a 2015 graduation date and a lot more money. I'm going to take the 4 classes that I can toward Ohio University's RN-BSN program while I'm waiting. (comp 2, chem 2, ethics, nutrition)
- Nov 14, '11 by jennylouwhoUgh, I'm sorry you are having issues with enrollment services. It's a joke to talk with an advisor, the counselor was most accurate for me. Everyone I know that was accepted for spring only waited a year on the list. So the lust must be shorter now.
- Nov 14, '11 by wantccuThanks, Jenny Lou! I'm crossing my fingers for a fall start date! How's it going for you so far?
- Nov 14, '11 by jennylouwhoI'm doing okay! I wish I could say the same for all my classmates. Some have had trouble with nursing style questions. While you wait, you should check out a book on taking nursing exams. The questions usually have more than one correct answer, but you have to pick the best answer and if you're not used to that type of question, it can be difficult.