Kettering College BSN (Dayton)Register Today!
This is a discussion on Kettering College BSN (Dayton) in Ohio State Nursing Programs, part of Ohio Nursing ... Hi everyone, Kettering College of Medical Arts near Dayton just started a new BSN program and...by emmy4 Sep 19, '11Hi everyone,
Kettering College of Medical Arts near Dayton just started a new BSN program and they are phasing out their ADN program. Does anyone have any experience with this college? I've looked around and found a couple of threads where KCMA is mentioned, but they are a couple of years old. If any current students or recent grads are reading this...any advice and info you could provide me would be greatly appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=618935©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,034 Views
- Sep 22, '11 by brigettekMy daughter just started the 3 year BSN program this fall at Kettering. She loves it there! Lots of 1 on 1 attention, small classes, very experienced professors. She chose KCMA over Wright State and OU.
- Sep 24, '11 by sharpestI am a Kettering College student - one of the last for the ADN program. I came here last winter semester in the LPN to RN program. I will be starting BSN classes hopefully with winter semester. I love it here!! The instructors want you to succeed and there is so much help - all you have to do is ask! Feel free to pm me with any questions.
- Nov 26, '11 by randoldxIt's so great reading such positives posts about Kettering. I am in the very last ADN program the school is holding beginning Winter 2012. I'm excited to hear how great the instructors are there. I can't wait to start!
- Dec 3, '11 by brigettekrandoldx -- I am in the last ADN class too that starts in January. I am so excited. I have been on the waiting list at Clark State for awhile. We will probably meet sometime. PM me if you like.
- Dec 8, '11 by kalieeI'm an 1984 KCMA ADN nursing grad and have applied for the online RN to BSN program. Still waiting to hear from them but glad to hear such good things about the school. It was hard back then but, looking back, the best decision I ever made.
- Dec 10, '11 by ELEE2012I am currently awaiting approval for addmission and to see what credits they will take from my university of phoenix degree. I have heard so many good thingsa bout this school. I have chosen this school over wsu. Hopefully i will be in the winter 2012 program as well. If so then you guys can pm me as well. I will come back and give an update on rather i get accepted or not i really can't wait to find out and start.
- Jan 26, '12 by arissaI applied to start Fall 2012, they received my transcripts. Hopefully most of my classes transfer in but I may still have to do about three other classes, religion, wellness, and medical terminology. I hold an associates in Biology and a BSN in psychology.
- Apr 22, '12 by heroldbeI just applied for the BSN of 2012. Just curious if anyone knows, but do they have good job placements after school? Does Kettering Hospital hire alot of their graduating nurses? I've been accepted into Miami's BSN program for this fall also. I'm trying to decide which school to attend since Miami will take me 3 years to complete and Kettering will only take two, but Kettering is also more expensive. Is it worth the price? I haven't met any one who attends kettering so does everyone love it there?
- Apr 25, '12 by sharpestHeroldbe,
I haven't graduated yet, but they do have a program for the nurses who are getting ready to graduate called the Nexternship. I just got a position for 8 weeks this summer working in Labor and Delivery (my dream job) and I am so excited. It is a competitive program to get a Nexternship though. They email about jobs while you are attending school as a help to get your foot in the door so to speak. I started as a Sitter in January. They do hire a lot of their graduates as the network has just expanded to include Soin hospital in Beavercreek. It is a pricey school, but it is also one of the best schools anyone can go to. We get excellent training and hands on skills that many other schools don't get to experience.