cscc nursing wait list?Register Today!
- by victoriaelisse Nov 8, '10I am currently a student at CSCC wanting to apply to the nursing program. I will finish my pre-req's in the Spring of 2011 and wasn't sure what was going to happen with the quarter to semester change. Since I will finish in the Spring, when can I apply and when will I get in. Also is there a wait list or not? I am just confused on what's going to happen and if I can even get in or not!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=515007©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,825 Views
- Nov 19, '10 by shawn_yleIt can get very confusing and you will hear lots of rumors. Just try and hang in there. I have a friend who is applying this January '11 for the Autumn 2011 start and she was told by an advisor at the school that there are very few slots left for Autumn and most of the qualified applicants will be rolled forward to Sp 2012. This was actually encouraging, because for a while the school talked about not having a spring class in 2012 due to the change to semesters.
It may take a while to get started with the nursing program, but it will give you additional time to complete all of the core requisite classes prior to starting the program. Good Luck to you.
- Nov 23, '10 by foreverLaurI applied July 2010 and got in for March 2011 start date.
There will be a Spring 2012 class. After that, there are rumors of going to a once a year start, but most likely there will be a January and August start.
You just want to sit there at 8:55am and keep hitting refresh and apply RIGHT at 9:00am and not a second after. That's what I did and I got right in.
CSCC is a wonderful program. I have worked with graduates and know people in the program. It is worth the wait, IMO. Plus, I am getting anatomy, physiology, microbiology, and pathophysiology done so once I start, I can focus only one my nursing coursework.
- Dec 27, '10 by b0rea1isI applied back in July and got into Autumn 2011, but I'm taking advantage of the wait. You will want all non-nursing classes out of the way before you start the program. Otherwise, it will be a very demanding course load.
- Dec 27, '10 by foreverLaurI agree. You definitely want to get your non-nursing coursework done before you start or you won't do anything for two years but study. It is super tough and demanding even with just the nursing coursework I have heard!Last edit by foreverLaur on Dec 28, '10