Breckinridge School of Nursing, Hilliard, OHRegister Today!
- by FutureNurseCelena Jan 13Is there anyone attending breckinridge school of nursing in hilliard? Please give some feedback!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=808202©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 984 Views
- Feb 12 by lnsjesI was considering it, until I found out they are under "conditional" status with the Ohio Board of Nursing. I know they could very well become fully accredited in a few years, but I am looking at places that are established and fully accredited. Breckenridge doesn't seem to be any more expensive or cheaper than other local schools. I would hate to see people attend there and finish and not be hired due to this accreditation status.
- they said they are accredited. the reason they are conditional b/c this is a new program. I believe all rn programs are expensive. there is no cheap program! if you find a good school please keep me posted, I will appreciate it =)
- There is a big push for BSN only for nursing. It is getting harder and harder for ADN nurses to find jobs. I am a recent CSCC graduate. I only found a job because I had inside connections and even then it was hard and I have to immediately start a RN-BSN program. A brand new school that no one really knows about will make it even more of a challenge. I know from connections at all 3 major health systems in central Ohio, they preference the BSN grads first, then CSCC, then COTC, then Chamberlain. You'd be after all of them and likely not getting a job in a hospital.
- I was looking into mt. Carmel as well. I am going to their open house tomorrow. I already have an associates degree in gerontology so i would like to get a bachelors degree instead of another associates. What do you think about mt. Carmel?
- Mt Carmel is a good program and their hospital system likes to hire their own graduates.
- Ppl say its best to take prequisites at cscc but i just want to do it all in one school. I do not want to take ge classes at cscc then transfer to mt. Carmel. But so far i went on their website & i like what i read. I'm hoping after visiting the school tomorrow i have my final decision. I'm just ready to get in the nursing program already!!!
- I understand that. I was there too. I wanted to start so I could finish. But I waited for the better school. I graduated almost a year later than I would have if I went to a school like Breckenridge, but I still got a job faster than people I know who went there. It'll be worth it in the end.
- Feb 14 by FutureNurseCelenaI went to mt. Carmel open house yesterday & i like the school & what they have to offer. I just want to know in your opinion if you had a choice to go to mt. Carmel, osu or ay other bsn school, which would you choose & why?
- Feb 14 by HeartNursing3Hard to say. They're all good schools. I have always been a fan of Otterbein. I know several grads from their nursing program and all had wonderful things to say. I'm a Buckeye more than anything but their traditional BSN program is too big and too hard to get into I think. I think you will get a great education at OSU, Capital, Otterbein, or Mt Carmel. You need to go where you feel most comfortable.