TB testing required by law for HCWs?Register Today!
- by mergency Apr 3, '07My hospital routinely gives PPDs to all Hospital staff annually. I had a doctor question this and the only thing I can come up with is that OSHA's position that employers shall offer the TB skin tests. It is not mandatory for the employee to participate, only that the employers make TB testing available to the employees. We're in IL.
I had always thought this was mandated by one of the regulatory agencies. Any comments on this would be appreciated!
- Apr 3, '07 by elkparkCheck your state regs.
- Apr 3, '07 by oMerMeroThe CDC recommends PPD testing annually for anyone at risk for exposure to TB.
- Jun 25, '07 by DianeK4HVCHI agree with omermera....we still do annual PPD's on all employees as well as 2 step PPD's on all NEW employees.
- Dec 16, '07 by trishccIt is mandatory because it is our policy. We generate our policy from CDC recommendations. Employees and others have to abide because it is our policy. No test no work in our hospital. Simple