How many OHN's are on these board? - Page 6Register Today!
- Jul 29, '04 by KATHY WELSHI too am an occupational health nurse, I have 25 years experience, from small plants to big plants. I find it is learn as you go. There is beginning to me more seminars etc available as wellness programs become more popular. I am fortunate that the company I now work for has nurses at all its 8 plants across the us. They take wellness very seriously. I am budgeted $50 per employee for wellness stuff. If you live in wisconsin there are a lot of seminars available thru the marshfield clinic, Wisconsin safety council. I couldn't imagine doing anything else but this,the rewards are great. At times you are your emloyees first health contact. Education becomes an important part of your day.
- Jul 29, '04 by TMPaulQuote from WayneRNI'm an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner.Hello,
I'm brand new to Occupational Health Nursing. I've been browsing for On-line resources and other OHN's to network with. It doesn't seem like there are very many OHN's that visit these boards. If you're out there, let me know.
- Jul 29, '04 by OCCHCanadaI'm the only OHN for a transportation company with 2,900 employees. I have one coordinator for assistance.
- Oct 13, '04 by NurseFeelGoodQuote from MassLPNHi Mass I'm an LPN and I work as a OHN. I'm new to OH only 6 months. But I love it. It has given my nursing skills some sharpening for sure. I had worked LTC for years and I'm definately seeing things that I had to study all over again. Getting into OHN was easy, well aside from that behavioral interview. That was a "tuffie." Good luck to you.Thanks Wayne.. I checked the first site, and got the answer I needed.. I'm an LPN, so I don't qualify right of the bat, lol.. Just what I figured.
Hi to all you other OHN's Glad to see there are more of us...
- Do any of you write up occupational health policies? With disabilities and substance abuse?
- HI! Who is UCSF? Do you have an address for them? Thanks Neletta
- CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!! I look forward to taking it sometime in future (5years??)
- That will be one of the first things I work on, combining the many differenet disability policies for multiple insurances.
- So where did you obtain your OH NP from? How long ago was it? I am looking for an online NP program.
- Oct 14, '04 by TMPaulQuote from Neletta FredelakeI've written our corporate Alcohol and Drug policy. We haven't run into any disability issues that we haven't been able to accomodate.Do any of you write up occupational health policies? With disabilities and substance abuse?