ADN to MPH online program?Register Today!
- by rn32547 Sep 12, '10Hi everyone,
I have enjoyed reading some of the treads under the occupational health specialty, and have looked up some of the links. Does anyone know of a program that can skip getting a bachelors and go from a ADN to MPH?? Alot of the programs I have found require a bachelors first. I appreciate any help! Also, looking for online programs, as I am not able to relocate, I maybe able to go to the campus once or twice a year if required to but not regularly.
- Sep 18, '10 by rn32547Okay, I havent found anything through google. Anybody know of any online BSPH programs? thanks
- Sep 18, '10 by elkparkNursing is the only discipline I'm aware of that has some graduate programs that take people without baccalaureate degrees. Everything else I've ever encountered (and public health is not nursing) requires a BA or BS to be eligible for graduate programs. Good luck with your search!
- Sep 18, '10 by rn32547Yep, that's what I found too! I did find a program at UNC, that is online that is an associates to bachelors in public health online. I guess then I could go for my masters later. Are you familiar or is anyone familiar with schools that offer OHN certificate programs? UNC also has a OHN certificate program but requires 2 years of occupational health nursing to take the program. I am trying to "break. Into" OHN nursing and only have worked orthopedics. Any suggestions on certificate programs or how to get into OHN would be appreciated
- Sep 18, '10 by caliotter3Nurses I have met working in OHN were hired into the positions.
- Apr 19, '11 by 42pinesPersonally, I'd think twice about an MPH. They are a dime a dozen with little opportunity. This is not true with a PhD of Public Health.
I'd suggest looking into a school that has a dedicated Occ Health Nursing Practitioner degree, going there, and finishing your BS. By doing that at the same school you may be able to breeze through the NP program. University of Alabama, UNC, Simmonds College/Harvard, comes to mind.
Search for NIOSH research center colleges.