What's the weirdest name you've heard a patient name her baby? - Page 10Register Today!
- May 9, '02 by midwife violetI have just remembered another, a sweet little baby girl called Holly. Mothers last name - Wood. (Mum explained that Holly was going to be known by dad's last name
- May 14, '02 by judy annTwin girls- Syphyllis and Gonorrhea pronounced Sif-il'-is and Gone'-or-era. Lovely names.:chuckle
- May 14, '02 by jevansI Know of a child named Donald !
Not so bad except the surname is Duck!!!!!
The parents were really strange anyway. One of their favorite stories is when the minister came to supper prior to the christening. They sat down to eat and hubby brought in a wonderful silver server complete with cover. As the minister was a guest of honor he lifted the cover to find poor Donald in ablanket of lettice
- May 14, '02 by VZ/res0ncqxI remember a "cocaine Mom" naming her child "Shitavia" after 2 weeks of intense thought. "It was the most beautiful name I could come up with" she said. I wondered what her peers would call her for short.
Then there was "Meconium" after the doc said "Oh, we have meconium".
Then there was "Female" (Fuh-mah-lay) when the couple saw "female" on the birth certificate and thought it was the designated name of the "witch doctor" for the child.
- May 15, '02 by Marj GriggsThis one wasn't a baby, he was a state legislator--Jack Ripper. We're told his dad had a strange sense of humor.
- May 15, '02 by MelissaCTI also heard of a patient naming her baby Meconium.
I don't know if it was a boy or a girl......still........
- May 16, '02 by shannonRNi agree with heather.....it's the winner by far
Cherish Maya Beaver is absolutely hilarious!!!
- May 16, '02 by bassbirdI wasn't sure whether to post this here or under the thread with funny names for nurses.
While doing my clinicals last semester I worked with Dr. Candice Dick. I went to the AMA site to see what her real name is and it is.......Candice Delite Dick (yes she is often called Candy)
What were her parents thinking?
- May 16, '02 by bebebluzOMG!You would not believe some of the names I have heard in 24 years of nursing!:eek!: For example:Stone Cold Steve Austin(this was just the first name),Girl Baby(poor thing was baby #12 and parents had ran out of ones they liked),twins named Lemonjello and Orangejello(look closely at this one,Placenta,Lochia,Rubra...I could go on!These are all actual names.I think that it should be a crime to do that to a child.
- May 16, '02 by bebebluzI have also heard Meconium,Female,Vagina,Bo-gina, .Goddess,baby Jesus