What's the craziest thing a patient or family member has said to you? - Page 4Register Today!
- Nov 2, '12 by FyreflieQuote from RetRN77You'd be surprised how common that question is--I have a friend who does GI and she said most people with new stomas ask!
Just when I thought there wasn't much left which could shock me!
- Nov 2, '12 by Pets to PeopleQuote from lucki_star7And just the basics functioning of their own bodies!These stories are hilarious! It is amazing how uneducated people are when it comes to the basics of healthcare
- Nov 2, '12 by Pets to PeopleQuote from FyreflieThat's one dedicated husband, good for him!Ahahah!
Recently one of my colleagues walked into a pts room to find dad doing perineal massage in labour (she was like an ant lip maybe)-- which is totally fine but he reached in too far, felt the baby's head, almost passed out, went and threw up and then came back out and asked if she wanted him to keep going!!
- Nov 2, '12 by monkeybugQuote from Pets to PeopleOh yes, it never ceases to amaze me when women ask how the baby will come out if we put a Foley "up there" and they are absolutely amazed to discovery they have three holes! Our hospital still does enemas for inductions of labor, and we still get "is it going to get the baby wet?' from time to time. Geez people, I'm not suggesting you take a college level Anatomy and Physiology course, but at least grab a hand mirror on the way to the bathroom one day.And just the basics functioning of their own bodies!
- Nov 2, '12 by echoRNC711great topic,thanks!