What's the craziest thing a patient or family member has said to you? - Page 4Register Today!
- Nov 2, '12 by FyreflieQuote from RetRN77You'd be surprised how common that question is--I have a friend who does GI and she said most people with new stomas ask!
Just when I thought there wasn't much left which could shock me!
- Nov 2, '12 by Pets to PeopleQuote from FyreflieThat's one dedicated husband, good for him!Ahahah!
Recently one of my colleagues walked into a pts room to find dad doing perineal massage in labour (she was like an ant lip maybe)-- which is totally fine but he reached in too far, felt the baby's head, almost passed out, went and threw up and then came back out and asked if she wanted him to keep going!!
- Nov 2, '12 by monkeybugQuote from Pets to PeopleOh yes, it never ceases to amaze me when women ask how the baby will come out if we put a Foley "up there" and they are absolutely amazed to discovery they have three holes! Our hospital still does enemas for inductions of labor, and we still get "is it going to get the baby wet?' from time to time. Geez people, I'm not suggesting you take a college level Anatomy and Physiology course, but at least grab a hand mirror on the way to the bathroom one day.And just the basics functioning of their own bodies!
- Nov 2, '12 by echoRNC711great topic,thanks!
- Aug 9 by MECO28Ok, I know this is an old thread but really???? Do people really ask that question about stomas all the time?! I am so glad I haven't encountered that one yet. Speechless....
- Aug 9 by Christy1019Quote from MECO28When I worked at an inner city ER we had a paraplegic transgender pt (male to female) who was a well known Colostitute... Think about that one for a minute... LolOk, I know this is an old thread but really???? Do people really ask that question about stomas all the time?! I am so glad I haven't encountered that one yet. Speechless....
- Aug 9 by sharpeimomQuote from monkeybugI used to get frustrated when people expected laboring patients to be totally pain free. I finally told someone, "Look, you're basically shoving a St. Bernard through a cat door, OK? It's going to at least be a little uncomfortable!"
I just read this to my husband, who spent about 15 minutes trying to convince our shar pei puppy that he would not fit through the cat door. He spit iced tea all over his Kindle and an irate cat!
- Aug 23 by BridgeRN79Had a mom come into triage chief complaint from ED was SROM...........So go through my normal questioning when she comes up from downstairs. Ask what brought her in today, she states "I broke my water out of my mouth" ........Needless to say we had a little anatomy discussion after that!!