This is a discussion on Voluntary Survey in Ob/Gyn Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I am a pre-nursing student at a private university in Michigan and I have been asked to create a...
I am a pre-nursing student at a private university in Michigan and I have been asked to create a survey and distribute it to individuals in the field of nursing related to OB and midwifery. I was wondering if it would be possible for anyone to complete it on here. If there are some questions individuals would prefer not to answer, that is fine with me. I am simply looking to get them filled out.
- Type of experience with obstetrics/midwifery:
- How would you describe the culture in your working environment?
- What factors contribute to this culture?
- Have you ever been burned out? What caused the burnout? What did you do about it?
- How do/did you handle emergencies?
- How are men and women treated differently?
- Why do you think these differences occur?
- How would you describe the culture of your working environment?
- Does the culture change dramatically between hospitals and/or clients?
- What factors contribute to that?
- What kinds of written communication are required as part of this job?
- Who is the audience and what is the format for these documents?
- What features are important in these documents-- for example, is it important to be objective? Is it important to be detailed and concise? Why?
- What other kinds of interpersonal communication are an integral part of this job? Do/did you use e-mail? Instant messaging?
- Do/did you give oral presentations?
- What kinds of informal conversations or small group conversations are important?
- What kinds of skills do people need to be successful in this kind of interpersonal communication?
- What typical problems do new hires have with communication in this job?
- How did you overcome these problems when you first started?
- What type of language is used in your career? For example, what kinds of technical terminology or key concepts are essential for you to understand?
Is there anything else you wish to contribute to this survey? Feel free to include any additional information.
- Why are these concepts and terms important?
Thank you for your time, even if you don't respond!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.