question re:s/s pregnancyRegister Today!
- by mmc51264 Jun 22, '12a friend has posted this question on another site:
[color=#333333]"has anyone ever heard of pregnancy causing extremely painful and slightly swollen lymph nodes? in the pelvic/groin region on one side? i can't find any answers to this other than what i am being told, and well.."
- Jun 22, '12 by Katie71275I don't think so...I've never heard of that.
- Jun 22, '12 by Ashley, PICU RNIt sounds like your friend is searching for medical advice, which we cannot provide per the Terms of Service. I would advise your friend to contact her medical provider to discuss her concerns.
- Jun 22, '12 by mmc51264thanks, i really think she is looking for some reassurance. She is a bit of a worrier.
- Jun 22, '12 by JustBeachyNurseI'm sorry but even if asking for a "friend", it's still soliciting medical advice. As per the terms of service that we all agreed to when signing up
"Medical Advice:ALLNURSES.COM, INC or it's members do not offer medical advice. Any requests for such will be taken down. If you have a medical problem, please seek attention from your health care provider. You are not allowed to ask for medical advice related to a health situation that affects you, a family member, or someone you know.". http://allnurses.com/terms-info.html
Your friend really needs to inquire with her OB or midwife.
- Jun 23, '12 by mmc51264We are both nurses, she is receiving OB care and has spoken to her doctor about it, she is just looking for someone who has had a similar experience for support because she has never heard of it and can find little about swollen inguinal lymph nodes during pregnancy.
Sorry I asked.
- Jun 23, '12 by Esme12because of the liability involved many nurses won't and shouldn't give medical advice. being apart of an you agreed to the terms of service
- you agree not to seek medical or legal advice.
- you agree not to offer medical or legal advice.
if your friend plays her nurses thinking cap on (not the pregnant one) and think about the response of the immune system and pregnancy i think she'll come up with the reassuring answer. i use lmgtfy as a search engine here's what i found..let me google that for you
i wish your friend the best.
- Jun 23, '12 by mmc51264not asking for medical advice-just information, i was just curious and i did google it. just thought maybe someone in this specialty could recommend some resources other than wikipedia, because we all know reliable that is.
i'm sorry but even if asking for a "friend", it's still soliciting medical advice. as per the terms of service that we all agreed to when signing up
- Jun 23, '12 by tnbutterflyAs others have pointed out this is still seeking medical advice which we cannot give. It is best to advise your friend to go back to her doctor with her concerns.